All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angchor
Angchor

carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.   carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2014, 3:32 pm

This is my carb.

In the pic you see three scews.

carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Adjust10

A is the idle adjust screw.
B is the mixture screw.

What is C ???

It seems like a jet, made of brass, and of generally the same proportions as a jet.

But of course, no hole in the center.

The engine was surging, once it got warmed up.

And it was pretty much puking gas past the choke at times.

You have to close the choke completely to get it started and keep it that way, until it gets completely warmed up.

Adjusting the idle mixture screw outward seems to have taken care of the surging.

I have to let it cool completely to see if that had any affect on choke at start. Or on warmup time.

But I'd like to know what that third screw is.

Also, adjusting the mix screw outward took care of a problem, but what did that do, lean out, or enrich the mixture?

Puking gas past the choke made it seem rich. But having to have the choke closed so much made it seem lean.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.   carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2014, 5:46 pm

Idle mixture, in is leaner.

C is a emulsifier tube, I believe. I would call it a jet too. Take the bowl off, pull all the screws you can, spray with carb clean, and blow out with air compressor.

Main jet is likely on the bottom of the fuel bowl, threaded up inside where you bolt the bowl on. Usually flat blade screwdriver removes that.

Just get everything good and clean, then try again!
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.   carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 1:07 am

Thank you very much, Stretch!

I'll be getting back to that in a few days and I am betting that I will find the emulsifier and main jet at least partially clogged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.   carb - Stupid question time. Walbro Carb. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid question time. Walbro Carb.
Page 1 of 1