All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram

Go down 
+8
Jamus
Jordan
ferg
RompinRedneck
arild365
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
Webmaster
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jamus
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram   wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 8:00 am

I've had good luck wiring up a couple of my mowers, including a twin, using the diagram posted by fearlessfront. It's in the wiring topic stickied to the top.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram   wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 8:37 am

Csonka39: Yes - the mag will have spark when its unhooked - you wont be able to shut it off until you touch the mag lead to ground tho.

Actually thats how i see if my clunkers i drag home work - unhook the motor from the harnesses ( to avoid a bad ign switch scenario) , and starter solenoid - just jump it off the starter motor - if it runs, then i hook stuff back up and troubleshoot from there.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram   wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2012, 12:27 am

I will say this, you dont always recieve a tractor with factory wiring...remember alot of us are CL hunters for free tractors..I just recently got a yard machine for my buddy's first off road mower...
lets just say, the guy said it wouldnt start......and I found out why...

12.5 B&S and it had some very strange wiring I hadnt seen before....mostly because it had a lot of rewirng to counter the auto shut offs and safeys..not to mention it didnt have a key, so that was "altered"

Its funny how things come full circle...I just posted a "typical wiring diagram for B&S" on my facebook...

@Fearless, I went back just to watch your video when you redid the craftsman...I too was confused, this 12.5 had two wires for the alternator..

I get mostly get questions on how to remove the saftey switches...seat, parking, and mower deck engagement...
Back to top Go down
Cr8zyB0b
Cr8zyB0b

PostSubject: Re: Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram   wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 11:36 am

FearlessFront wrote:
I've been asked about wiring alot recently. So here is a diagram that should help everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 TractorWiringDiagram

would this work for a honda gv400 verticle shaft motor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram   wiring - Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Briggs Engine Wiring Diagram
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2