All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 
 

 How well would this work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice


Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:47 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10


Is 100" out of the ballpark?
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2013-04-08
Posts : 883
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Central Pa

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:40 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10


Is 100" out of the ballpark?

What kind of tractor is it??
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:41 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10


Is 100" out of the ballpark?

What kind of tractor is it??


murray hydro
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:49 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10


Is 100" out of the ballpark?

What kind of tractor is it??


murray hydro
Yea boy i run a murray with an 820 with a 5 inch on trans and a 6 on motor. With a couple of ideler pulleys onit and its only 95". If your running all stock pulleys it will probably be shorter than that somewhere in da 90-92 i would say.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:51 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
If my tape is correct My belt is about 10 inchs? I dont know if that is correct or not tho

That isn't right.  You need to make a mark on the belt then you need to measure around the belt until you get back to the mark. Should be around 70''- 95'' (that is the ballpark of sizes for lawn mower belts).

typo, I ment to say 100 not 10


Is 100" out of the ballpark?

What kind of tractor is it??


murray hydro
Yea boy i run a murray with an 820 with a 5 inch on trans and a 6 on motor. With a couple of ideler pulleys onit and its only 95". If your running all stock pulleys it will probably be shorter than that somewhere in da 90-92 i would say.

Im running stock pulleys on the trans and motor. I have 1 idle pulley in the top left corner of the picture i posted. I dont know how I would find a 92'' belt tho, you think you could point me in the right direction
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 pm

If my resurch is correct a murray hydro like my grass cutter takes an 88" belt.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:56 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
If my resurch is correct a murray hydro like my grass cutter takes an 88" belt.

Where could I find one of them? This murray used to look like this :


Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Tracter supply has murray belts. But i recamend getting a husky kevlar belt from there.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:30 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
Tracter supply has murray belts. But i recamend getting a husky kevlar belt from there.



I live in a suburb. the closest tractor supply is 44 miles away :l Happen to know what size it is? I can look online
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:33 pm

10.50 on ebay
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:34 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
10.50 on ebay


Link me please?
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:41 pm

This is the   The belt on ebay
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
This is the   The belt on ebay


That is the 88'' correct?
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:48 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
CornShuck4CE wrote:
This is the   The belt on ebay


That is the 88'' correct?


I currently have that belt with me now, I need a smaller size belt. I am thinking a 91 if they make them
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:17 pm

That is 88 a stock murray widebodyLT belt for a hydro. And a 91 is longer. If your going to buy a belt. And its not stock. Then you need to find an old belt cut it and run it around your pulleys with clutch pressed in and run the belt around the pulleys not really tight but not real loose and overlad the belt ends an zip tie em together take em off still in a loop and go to an automotive store and ask them to mesure it. And thay have belts just aint gonna last as long. But if you feel confedent on your mesuring. Hold the end of your tape to the mark on the belt  and work your way around back to your mark and thats what you need
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
That is 88 a stock murray widebodyLT belt for a hydro. And a 91 is longer. If your going to buy a belt. And its not stock. Then you need to find an old belt cut it and run it around your pulleys with clutch pressed in and run the belt around the pulleys not really tight but not real loose and overlad the belt ends an zip tie em together take em off still in a loop and go to an automotive store and ask them to mesure it. And thay have belts just aint gonna last as long. But if you feel confedent on your mesuring. Hold the end of your tape to the mark on the belt  and work your way around back to your mark and thats what you need

Hydros dont have clutchs.


The belt that I have is a 91'' from what I understand from that ebay post. It is a few inchs too big, I am looking to buy a belt that is snug between the engine pulley and the pulley on the trans.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Sorry If I am not being clear enough,


I dont have any of the idle pulleys other then the 1 in the picture. I want to hook the belt to the engine pulley and I want to hook the belt to the trans pulley. Simple as that. What Im looking for is a belt that I can do that with.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Age : 20
Join date : 2013-03-18
Posts : 3122
Forum Rep : 2
Location : fingerlakes, New York

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:06 pm

I would say cut the belt you have now, route it around the pulleys tight, and then zip tie it and then measure it, but im not sure how you could do that without a correct belt measuring tool. Wheres the original belt? Or are you making the wheelbase shorter?

And p.s. welcome to atltf- ive talked to you on diygk  Wink 
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:35 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
I would say cut the belt you have now, route it around the pulleys tight, and then zip tie it and then measure it, but im not sure how you could do that without a correct belt measuring tool. Wheres the original belt? Or are you making the wheelbase shorter?

And p.s. welcome to atltf- ive talked to you on diygk  Wink 



I remember you on DIYGK aswell,


The original belt broke about a year ago and this this has sat and I got it about a month ago, The friend that I got it from has the broken belt, I guess it wont hurt to ask him if I can use it for testing purposes. I am not making the wheel base shorter, It used to have idle pulleys that would take off a few inchs of the belt but I lost them in the breakdown of the tractor.
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Woah wait a minut. Im a murray fan really like em. My offroader is a murray widebodyLT an my grass cutter the same cept its a hydro and they do have clutches.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
Woah wait a minut. Im a murray fan really like em. My offroader is a murray widebodyLT an my grass cutter the same cept its a hydro and they do have clutches.




Mine has a brake pedal and a pedal that engages the hydro, Is yours an automatic or manual hydro?
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Im not even sure if they have manual hydros lol just sounded like something that existed.



I am out in the garage right now on my little laptop and I thought about something, Could I just cut the frame and extend it a few inchs? it would be alot cheaper than buying a new belt since I already have the angle iron and such.
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
CornShuck4CE wrote:
Woah wait a minut. Im a murray fan really like em. My offroader is a murray widebodyLT an my grass cutter the same cept its a hydro and they do have clutches.




Mine has a brake pedal and a pedal that engages the hydro, Is yours an automatic or manual hydro?
 scratch Manual or auto hydro. I think you need to study up a lil bubba. The brake pedel operates the break and the clutch. And a pedel on the oposite side runs the hydro. The clutch arm part of the mower has been removed if it dont have one the plate on top of the frame in front of the trans is where its suppose to be. Under the plate.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 141
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
ThatOneTeen wrote:
CornShuck4CE wrote:
Woah wait a minut. Im a murray fan really like em. My offroader is a murray widebodyLT an my grass cutter the same cept its a hydro and they do have clutches.




Mine has a brake pedal and a pedal that engages the hydro, Is yours an automatic or manual hydro?
 scratch Manual or auto hydro. I think you need to study up a lil bubba. The brake pedel operates the break and the clutch. And a pedel on the oposite side runs the hydro. The clutch arm part of the mower has been removed if it dont have one the plate on top of the frame in front of the trans is where its suppose to be. Under the plate.


yeah im talking out of my imagination. Ive got the plate its on the ground right now. I just lost the 2 pulleys that would go on that plate. I looked online and it doesnt look like I can buy a whole new plate eather
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 28
Join date : 2014-04-07
Posts : 337
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Woodville Al

PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm

ThatOneTeen wrote:
Im not even sure if they have manual hydros lol just sounded like something that existed.



I am out in the garage right now on my little laptop and I thought about something, Could I just cut the frame and extend it a few inchs? it would be alot cheaper than buying a new belt since I already have the angle iron and such.
Im sorry bubba your funny. What you gonna do when that belt wares out and you need another one. An cant find one the same lingth. Cut it and do it again.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How well would this work?   

Back to top Go down
 
How well would this work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» can you name this work wheel ?
» Any one do body work or repainting?
» Work super crazy today, Thank God for GR
» 2006 Work and Play for sale.
» Rhino's work truck

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: