All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jsisti845
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:16 pm

im not sure if im the first person to do this or not but I have converted my briggs 6.75hp push mower engine for my mini rally mower. surprisingly it has a 1 in shaft. I have removed the engine break (this is used to shut off the engine when you let go of the lever on the mower the break engages).I bypassed the govoner but don't worry I have used the govoner linkage for a rev limiter. I mounted the coil wire behind the govoner linkage and put a return spring on the govoner. so when the engine over revs the govoner arm pulls back and grounds out on the wire causing the engine to cut out. I like this set up because its unique and I just like the sound of a limiter. tell me what you guys think positive or negative I don't care.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:25 pm

engine break removed
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 pm

I saw someone do it on a 12hp flatty I think on youtube. Pretty cool having the rev limiter chatter.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:30 pm

ya it sounds pretty cool I think it would sound better with a long straight pipe.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 pm

only one reply???? I want to hear some feed back!
Back to top Go down
fast adam
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 am

so why do you want a rev limiter, what is the engine going into?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am

Cool thing you did there... Just want the mower to sound like a chevy ls? And just rev limit all the time... Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   

Back to top Go down

push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1