All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jsisti845
jsisti845

engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2014, 9:16 pm

im not sure if im the first person to do this or not but I have converted my briggs 6.75hp push mower engine for my mini rally mower. surprisingly it has a 1 in shaft. I have removed the engine break (this is used to shut off the engine when you let go of the lever on the mower the break engages).I bypassed the govoner but don't worry I have used the govoner linkage for a rev limiter. I mounted the coil wire behind the govoner linkage and put a return spring on the govoner. so when the engine over revs the govoner arm pulls back and grounds out on the wire causing the engine to cut out. I like this set up because its unique and I just like the sound of a limiter. tell me what you guys think positive or negative I don't care.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
jsisti845

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2014, 9:25 pm

engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 00711engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 00810engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 00910
engine break removed
engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 01010engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 01110engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter 01210
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2014, 11:04 pm

I saw someone do it on a 12hp flatty I think on youtube. Pretty cool having the rev limiter chatter.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
jsisti845

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2014, 11:30 pm

ya it sounds pretty cool I think it would sound better with a long straight pipe.
Back to top Go down
jsisti845
jsisti845

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2014, 11:08 pm

only one reply???? I want to hear some feed back!
Back to top Go down
fast adam
fast adam

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2014, 9:17 am

so why do you want a rev limiter, what is the engine going into?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2014, 10:48 am

Cool thing you did there... Just want the mower to sound like a chevy ls? And just rev limit all the time... Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter   engine - push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

push mower engine conversion/ rev limiter
Page 1 of 1