All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tecumseh OHV Engines

Go down 
+5
B440
Angchor
dwcopple
Doc Sprocket
jack9102
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZSmachines

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 6:20 pm

Do you think it could be that? It is a mower from an auction that I got for 25$ so that i am not destroyed if I can't get the heffer to run, I just have never had a Tecumseh before and would like to run one and learn about them more. Knowledge is power ya know! I personally think that there is just carbon buildup on my intake valve so it can't shut all the way, but the weather has not been cooperating and I have no shop space for it so I have not pulled the head yet. I will check the flywheel key though. Are these motors good even though?
Back to top Go down
ZSmachines
ZSmachines

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2014, 12:47 am

Well hot Da
Back to top Go down
ZSmachines
ZSmachines

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2014, 12:51 am

Well hot dang Doc ya did it again!! Pulled my flywheel and yep the flywheel key was. Sheared right in half and the flywheel had rotated about a half an inch on he crankshaft! That would explain the backfiring!!! Now will the flywheel key out of a briggs motor work? I really hate puttin an aluminum key back in it... But a huge thank you ya saved me many hours worth of work there Doc. I might even name this build Mule! Lol
Back to top Go down
ZSmachines
ZSmachines

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 5:53 pm

So, Long Overdue, But I got a stainless flywheel key, and an adjustable main jet. The teccy purrs like a kitten!
Back to top Go down
chevy8988
chevy8988

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2015, 12:17 am

Would two Briggs and Stratton carbs fit on my Tecumseh 18hp OHV v-twin dual carb??
Back to top Go down
Timrsnakess
Timrsnakess

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 5:48 am

I have a question about my 10hp Tec flathead; how can I get more power with simple mods like swapping carburetors? it has a 12hp OHV carb on it now and i cant seem to get it tuned right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh OHV Engines   Tecumseh OHV Engines - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tecumseh OHV Engines
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2