All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Pulley swap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Madmowers

swap - Pulley swap Empty
PostSubject: Pulley swap   swap - Pulley swap Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2014, 10:49 pm

I pulley swaped a mower that has a 3 1/2 inch front pulley and 2 inch back pulley and I don't know how to get a belt size any ideas
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

swap - Pulley swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulley swap   swap - Pulley swap Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2014, 11:01 pm

Madmowers wrote:
I pulley swaped a mower that has a 3 1/2 inch front pulley and 2 inch back pulley and I don't know how to get a belt size any ideas
If you have the old belt, it should be able to wrap around all your pulleys and zip tie it. push in the clutch all the way and route the belt so is relatively loose in the pulleys so it can disengage. then bring it to tractor supply, measure it with the belt guide there and get the belt you need.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

swap - Pulley swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulley swap   swap - Pulley swap Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2014, 8:13 am

I take a bad belt put it around the pulleys and then cut it to the size i need then wire the 2 ends together then go to tractor supply and try and find one close. thats my redneck way of doing it isn't really the right way but it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

swap - Pulley swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulley swap   swap - Pulley swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulley swap
Page 1 of 1