All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Transaxle Shifting Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MudLugger

Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Empty
PostSubject: Transaxle Shifting Problems   Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2014, 1:02 pm

Hello everybody. I am having problems with my Transaxle on my sears off road lawn mower. The transaxle will not shift at all. I took the Transaxle a part, but I am still not sure why it is not shifting. Does anybody have any ideas of why it is not shifting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle Shifting Problems   Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2014, 2:15 pm

we need some more info! what kind of transaxle are we dealing with.
-transaxle make and model number
-#of gears
-previously disassembled?
-prior issues?
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle Shifting Problems   Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2014, 2:17 pm

when you took it apart was it rusty inside? maybe water got into it and it seized it up.
Back to top Go down
MudLugger

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle Shifting Problems   Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2014, 4:37 pm

Thanks for the quick responses, I was working on it for a while today and it was just a little bit rusted and seized. With a lot of oil and hammering I got it mostly working again. Sorry for wasting your time. I think Craftsman1998 was right and some water got in it. I resealed it and I think I am also going to reseal the Transaxle on another one of my lawn mowers just to prevent the same thing from happening again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transaxle Shifting Problems   Shifting - Transaxle Shifting Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transaxle Shifting Problems
Page 1 of 1