All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends just over a month! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
Be sure your build threads are updated and your build meets "finished" qualification rules!!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Code-name Hunker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoneDrone
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Code-name Hunker   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:35 pm

So, I don't post, ever, so I figured the present is the best time to start, so here is what I'm working with. I acquired a Murray 42 Inch Select 17.5 Briggs for free from work, and got 20 bucks on top of it. We did some hacking of the front axle, to give it a better throw up and down. A push bar was acquired, pulley swap, and disconnecting any wiring that could possibly be useful, along with hardware I deemed we didn't need.

Of course, on the first test run, I break it real good. Case for the trans-axle is toast, snapped clean in half. Stripped it down, and declared it a lost cause. Recently bought a complete junk of a Simplicity for 50 bucks, and nothing but the rear end was good.

Seat sucks, engines blown, tires are junk, but that's all irrelevant, because I have parts from the Murray to replace it and make it nice. Minor dents, rust from said dents, and broken plastic I can hopefully touch up. It's been repainted maroon, and hand pinstriped. Not kidding. Planning on tires eventually, addition of a push bar, maybe an atv rack or something in the back, putting an ammo/tool box on it, pulley swap, new engine, tires, seat, and probably a couple other things I haven't thought of. But, one thing is for sure, I'll try not to break this one right off the bat. So Hunker 2.0 is a go
Back to top Go down
willis923
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Code-name Hunker   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 pm

@LoneDrone wrote:

Of course, on the first test run, I break it real good. Case for the trans-axle is toast, snapped clean in half.

pics or it didnt happen. BMP
Back to top Go down
LoneDrone
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Code-name Hunker   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:20 am

@willis923 wrote:
@LoneDrone wrote:

Of course, on the first test run, I break it real good. Case for the trans-axle is toast, snapped clean in half.

pics or it didnt happen. BMP

Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Code-name Hunker   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:33 am

DUDE it looks like you pulled a Dork Spiggot! You broke it clean in half!!
" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Code-name Hunker   

Back to top Go down

Code-name Hunker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1