All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

redneck craftsman power steering

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fast adam
fast adam

steering - redneck craftsman power steering  Empty
PostSubject: redneck craftsman power steering    steering - redneck craftsman power steering  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2014, 10:23 pm

hi I'm new to this site and I'm working off my first build, i dumped my tractor into a ditch going at top speed (17mph) and I slid on my back under it I'm fine but now I'm going to put in a gear box from a golf cart so it has a high steering ratio and it will be chain driven from the steering column to the steering box to turn the front axle any ideas would be great thanks
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: redneck craftsman power steering    steering - redneck craftsman power steering  Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 12:40 pm

Nice, I personally would make it shaft drive to the rack and pinion box. To me shaft is more durable than chain.
Back to top Go down
fast adam
fast adam

PostSubject: Re: redneck craftsman power steering    steering - redneck craftsman power steering  Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 4:59 pm

I think ill just do a direct steer because it will be simpler then a chain driven gearbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: redneck craftsman power steering    steering - redneck craftsman power steering  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

redneck craftsman power steering
Page 1 of 1