All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Empty
PostSubject: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 4:39 pm

So This is a thread on custom lawnmower mods. Toss out your ideas and inventions. Or if you have an idea that will better one of our inventions feel free..

I have invented a few things for the mower.
I am looking at putting an automatic lawnmower starter on your lawnmower at the moment. It needs to be choked to start so that might be a problem.
I also invented a plow that fits on the arms of your mower deck so you can grade a surface. Me and my old buddy put one on his John deere. It works great.
I thought I was the first to invent a lawnmower plow that lifted and lowered with a winch but I cant confirm that.
I also invented a Snowmower and I have the first Showmower with tuner and lights!!
I want to try and get a water kit for my lawnmower. Kind of like that video of the quad I posted. So when you approach a pond or whatever you can have 2 baloons that blow up to keep your lawnmower from sinking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 7:13 pm

i have a 1500lb winch iv had it for 2 years now and iv been meaning to make a tractor with a plow but im constantly getting new ones and im not happy with the ones i have but the one im building now is going to have a plow with my winch then in the summer its going to be used as a regular winch
i was also thinking of making a tow tractor with a stinger powered by another winch and set it up so i can undo the stinger and let it drop and dig into the ground to stop my tractor from being pulled back then i can use the winch cable to recover by buddies tractors that are a long way off
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 12:39 am

Tie front around a tree Smile
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 9:28 am

i could do that but where i go offroading half the trees are less then 3 inches around and its not all mixed, theres areas of bigger trees then areas of small ones so i could end up just breaking trees if its stuck well enough so i wanted this so i never need to rely on trees to get someone out
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 9:49 pm

with the work put in it and the radio and stuff i think its pretty good
i was actually looking for a marine radio for the tractor im building right now
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 12:11 am

This is what I should have done... Check this out. Go to ebay and search this number..

Use a small motorcycle amp. Easy as pie.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 4:35 pm

- The starter idea could be done - youd need a remote control with servos - - the servos could adjust the choke and gas , downside is youd need them 12volt or carry another battery onbord for RC powered stuff.

- Near the road in front before it got paved, was always all out of wack, due to the mail person cutting a groove in the dirt - i always would use my tractor deck ( turned off) and lowered all the way down for a plow blade ( since it was easy to move sand).

- I plan on getting or building a plow for my GTII sometime - maybe if i get a 55 galon drum i can weld one up.

Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 9:51 pm

MAN i was looking for those, i found them like 8 months ago but i never got around to buying one and i couldnt find them again, the old ones were red but the EXACT same style
only thing is how do i hook it up to my battery? it shows the 12v dc plug then the other end goes to a wall plug
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
redneckrob

PostSubject: What if?   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 11:39 pm

What if you could build a back hoe for a rider? Ill build it as soon as A. i get a new mower B. i get better at welding and C. convince my buddy or uncle to keep my other mower on one of theirs land.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 12:02 am

Check out mytractorforum.com. They have a section just for homemade implements and even some completely homemade tractors including the hydraulic systems. Apparently you can run a truck power steering pump off a belt and it will power hydraulic equipment if you add a reservoir to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 12:03 am

Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 2:44 pm

Might almost be easier to mount one of those pull behind backhoe setups to the back of a tractor- probably cheeper as well in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 8:38 pm

future plans are im hoping to make a front end loader and a backhoe for a lawn tractor something like this, this guy doesnt have a backhoe though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXlgiISdrw
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 9:43 pm

Lawn tractor versus garden tractor, big difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
redneckrob
redneckrob

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 12:19 am

Jamus wrote:
Lawn tractor versus garden tractor, big difference.

yes but the biggest is the price(and frame)
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
redneckrob

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 12:23 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Might almost be easier to mount one of those pull behind backhoe setups to the back of a tractor- probably cheeper as well in the long run.

well maybe? but i think the cheapest pull behid i found (new) was around 1500-2000$. and a un-mountable would be awesome but if you can just pull it behind. is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 8:27 pm

my bad, meant to say garden tractor. i call them all lawn tractors for some reason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.   Inventions. Let your imagination run wild. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inventions. Let your imagination run wild.
Page 1 of 1