All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Share
 

 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Me and my dad are building a speed tractor to have fun with at carshows and around the neighbor hood... All we did is change the engine to a predator 212cc honda clone... Turn around the rear axle... And take out everything like the brake system... Cause we got to mod. It so it will work with the axle turned around... We also took the old Briggs engine... The 3 speed... I will post some pictures... Once I get to my laptop... I also will eventually paint it
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 12:18 am

Did you ever take any pictures of this build? I would love to see any if you have some.

How fast does it go?

Is the steering sloppy on it?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 12:46 am

I took only a couple pictures...But mostly important parts not really any details... Sorry!... And it goes about 40/45 mph on concreate... And I had so many problems with the steering it wasn't funny!!!
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 am

Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:01 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph

I found a nice huffy caprice forsale for $200 OBO up in wisconsin, I am thinking about offering him $100 for it.

I want to put my running 14HP B&S on it and see how fast it will go since the current engine does not run

My only fear is that the engine won't fit and I would have to modify the steering or something

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build 00g0g_10
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 am

@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph

I found a nice huffy caprice forsale for $200 OBO up in wisconsin, I am thinking about offering him $100 for it.

I want to put my running 14HP B&S on it and see how fast it will go since the current engine does not run

My only fear is that the engine won't fit and I would have to modify the steering or something

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build 00g0g_10
yeah do it!... Cause there is too versions... A white and blue like that one... And a white and orange which is what I have... The only difference I can tell is the slickers on the front/ side of hood... The oval one... Is on the blue... And the orange has a square/rectangle. Also I wouldn't get the one down here by me... Cause there is one on craigslist... And it's $350... And I don't feel like having two... Cause I got mine for free... Unless I found another cheap
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
Cause I first got the new engine in... And then couldn't go more than 1/4 foot throttle... Then tightened all the steering in it... Tierods, wheels, everything.... Then found I had play in the steering reducer gears... So took the gears off and welded the main ones together... Then had wheel problems... So put spacers between the wheels(washers)... Then found out he rear axle slide around on the frame... So then put more "washers" and that's mostly it... Direct drive stock height huffy caprice that goes 40/45 mph

I found a nice huffy caprice forsale for $200 OBO up in wisconsin, I am thinking about offering him $100 for it.

I want to put my running 14HP B&S on it and see how fast it will go since the current engine does not run

My only fear is that the engine won't fit and I would have to modify the steering or something

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build 00g0g_10
yeah do it!... Cause there is too versions... A white and blue like that one... And a white and orange which is what I have... The only difference I can tell is the slickers on the front/ side of hood... The oval one... Is on the blue... And the orange has a square/rectangle. Also I wouldn't get the one down here by me... Cause there is one on craigslist... And it's $350... And I don't feel like having two... Cause I got mine for free... Unless I found another cheap

What craigslist are you searching on? I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find

EDIT: you talking about the one in gardner IL?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:14 am

What craigslist are you searching on? I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find[/quote] I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:17 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
What craigslist are you searching on?
I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find
I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:20 am

@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
What craigslist are you searching on?
I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find
I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger
yeah those tractors are so small I fit it in the back of my dad's truck sideways with three minibikes... Barley fit but hey it worked
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
What craigslist are you searching on?
I am searching on the Chicago craigslist and that is the only huffy i can find
I'm searching on Chicago craigslist...http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/for/4681322361.html

Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I dont like the look of that one and I dont like the price at all. I email'd the dude with the huffy and asked him a question, When he respond's ill ask him if he will take 100. Its only 1 hour and 22 minutes away from me.. That thing is so small I could proboly fit it in the back of my buddys ramcharger
yeah those tractors are so small I fit it in the back of my dad's truck sideways with three minibikes... Barley fit but hey it worked

lol. I've got a friend that has 3 trucks, All the time in the world. One truck has a blown engine. One truck has no engine because it is support to be in the truck with a blown engine and a ford ranger that just sits around with no plates.

I've also got a friend who has 8 trucks (Like 6 or 7 diesels and a gas truck) One has a new trans in it every week. One just got a new trans and the rest are fine. Hes always working so he cant help me out to pick stuff up.

I've got another friend who gets treated like ***** by everyone else and has a ram charger. This dude will do anything and will always help. He works his ASS off landscaping.

Then my moms boy friend delivers for a company and has a work van. Gas is paid for.

Guess who always ends up taking me for stuff on craigslist? Thats right my moms boy friend. all the rest want gas money.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:29 am

Yup I know that feeling... I want another tractor.. But me and my mom are going to talk about it tomorrow "she said"... I have a feeling she doesn't want me to get another tractor... Since I already have one
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:42 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
Yup I know that feeling... I want another tractor.. But me and my mom are going to talk about it tomorrow "she said"... I have a feeling she doesn't want me to get another tractor... Since I already have one
my first tractor my mom was not too thrilled because I was 13 and the first time I got on it I let off the clutch really fast and almost landed on my back. After she realized that I learned how to ride it she didn't care. I went off and bought a 2nd tractor a few weeks later and me n my friend would ride around the neighborhood. My mom realized last spring when I was in alabama riding the tractor in my profile picture that It really put a smile on my face and since then she doesn't really care.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 am

Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause we live in the subarbs... So yeah!
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:51 am

@Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause we live in the subarbs... So yeah!
I live in the suburbs too. My neighbors have only called the cops on me once because I was being very loud with my tractor that had a siren on it. Learned that my neighbors love me because I help a few of them but they hate me because of my toys. It's a love hate relationship I have going on over here. Also with my neighborhood I can go down like 3 streets that people won't call the cops on me for. If I go past those streets I'll have the cops on my ass bcuz people don't want kids having fun
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:58 am

@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah... I think the only reason she doesn't want me to have another one... Is cause we live in the subarbs... So yeah!
bcuz people don't want kids having fun
haha I know people like that... Yeah but my neighbors are pretty good with that..
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:34 pm

@ThatOneTeen wrote:
Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
aw... That stink... But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
Apprentice
Apprentice
ThatOneTeen

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-05-22
Posts : 143
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 3:45 pm

@Carshowkid wrote:
@ThatOneTeen wrote:
Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
aw... That stink...  But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it

Going to ask my brother if he wants to split the cost
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Skilled
Skilled
Carshowkid

Age : 20
Join date : 2014-07-22
Posts : 347
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:18 pm

@ThatOneTeen wrote:
@Carshowkid wrote:
@ThatOneTeen wrote:
Talk'd to the dude selling the huffy, He doesnt have to sell it so he is firm on the price of $200
aw... That stink...  But the would of been cool if you got it... Then make it a speed tractor and put a v-twin or something in it

Going to ask my brother if he wants to split the cost
okie dokie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969 huffy caprice fun speed build   1969 huffy caprice fun speed build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
1969 huffy caprice fun speed build
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Craftsman Off Road/ High Speed Tractor Build
» MTD Vari-drive + 4 speed tranny?
» Lawn Flite Trail/mudder build
» Sears Hot Rod Gasser Build
» What's a good speed workout during race week?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Speed, Race, and Drag Tractors-
Jump to: