All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

v twin custom rat rod cub cadet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ratrodcub

cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Empty
PostSubject: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2014, 7:08 am

First of all hello I'm a brand new member and have really enjoyed all of you guys'topics. That said I have had this idea in the back of my mind for a while to build basically a go kart but put a v twin up front a snowmobile torque converter a three speed jack shaft transmission to a sold go kart rear end, with custom fenders, which I have done some minor welding left, and ih cub cadet grill, hood and dash tower. Let me know what you think I'll throw some pics up hopefully today I have not bought anything for this build yet except bolts and I am 15 and in my area joby are hard to come by unless you're willing to work at McDonald's so polishing my dad's semi is my main income. A couple questions I have is gearing I'm going 1:1 from convertor to gearbox so from gear box to axle 3:1? And what v twin should I use? Thanks
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2014, 11:12 am

Welcome! Sounds like you have some good intentions. Horisontal shaft v twins are kinda hard to comeby, but usually vanguards or kohlers are the most popular ones I see. Be careful, most v twins on generators or pumps probably have a tapered shaft and require a adapter.

I'm not sure about the clutch, that's a question for doc sprocket.

Also look at how the front axle and steering will be with how fast this will go, most of the stock stuff isn't safe for speed.
Back to top Go down
ratrodcub

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2014, 11:42 am

This is all custom even the frame only some of the body is cub the axle will be welded right to the frame
Back to top Go down
ratrodcub

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 5:54 pm

Well slight change of plans I found a 198 cc honda twin cylinder motorcycle engine for $75. I did the math and it should save me about $600. The cheapest v twin was $400 a torque converter was $260 and the transmission is $20. I am going to gear it a little lower because i don't need to go 80 MPhil. So that's my current plan tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 6:00 pm

sounds like its gonna be a boss tractor!!!
Back to top Go down
ratrodcub

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 9:21 pm

I'm thinking about it tires, slicks or diamond studs. This Will Do Some Slight Offroad Like Light trails And A Very rutty Driveway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v twin custom rat rod cub cadet   cadet - v twin custom rat rod cub cadet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v twin custom rat rod cub cadet
Page 1 of 1