All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My opposed twin craftsman.

Go down 
+2
kawasaki220
willysjeepmb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Empty
PostSubject: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2014, 7:57 pm

I got this mower from a friend for free if I could get it running. About 30 minutes after he brought it over I had it running. It has the 19.5 HP opposed twin. It is all factory except for set of tires and a pulley swap.
This is my youtube channel.
Here are some pics of the mower.

Last edited by willysjeepmb on November 26th 2014, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to make the post better.)
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2014, 5:32 pm

opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. 1998_c11
opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. 1998_c12
These are the most recent pics of the craftsman.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 11:51 am

nice love it
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 3:19 pm

Aw lucky!!! I want an oppy... Hope you have a good time building this tractor how ya want!
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 9:49 pm

Might want to save up for a cast iron, or stamped steel rear pulley. Cast zinc/aluminum pulleys don't last long under hard use.

Do you have a willys MB?
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 2:11 am

Stretch44875 wrote:
Might want to save up for a cast iron, or stamped steel rear pulley.  Cast zinc/aluminum pulleys don't last long under hard use.

Do you have a willys MB?
Na, I just always wanted one so I thought I would name my youtube channel that way. I have thought about just getting a cj2a and clone it to look like one. I can say that I have only seen just one in person my whole life and probly have a good chance to buy it. Except I heard he might have scraped it, but I hope not. It was running and driving a few years ago till someone tried to hot wire it and burnt all the wiring.
For $10 I can keep replacing the pulley. I'm still stock on the front pulley.
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 2:27 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Aw lucky!!! I want an oppy... Hope you have a good time building this tractor how ya want!
Thanks. I would go all out on building it, but I still use it to mow the yard. All I have to do is swap a pulley and I'm cutting. The engine smokes a little and I thought about swapping to a v twin when the factory one goes out. When I get a gopro, head strap, and a laptop I'll start putting vids on youtube more often and link them here. Dad doesn't know about my youtube and he has a conspiracy about google and unfortunately I still live with parents. So the vids I do have has been done when he is gone. At lest with the laptop I can start uploading then hid it till its done.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 2:05 pm

Darn grass needs to get cut!!!
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2014, 1:52 am

This is the first thing I done to test its hill climb ability while still factory. It has come a long ways since then. I kept trying to get it to charge the battery if you are all trying to figure out what I was doing under the dash. Everyone should see his snapper videos.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2014, 9:14 pm

willysjeepmb wrote:
Thanks. I would go all out on building it, but I still use it to mow the yard. All I have to do is swap a pulley and I'm cutting.

Now that's neat. Somebody who still mows the grass with it! I'd be too lazy to take the deck on and off.
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2014, 5:13 am

mr.modified wrote:
willysjeepmb wrote:
Thanks. I would go all out on building it, but I still use it to mow the yard. All I have to do is swap a pulley and I'm cutting.

Now that's neat. Somebody who still mows the grass with it! I'd be too lazy to take the deck on and off.
Its not that bad. Only cut the yard once every week and a half. Besides, if I didn't I would be stuck using a push mower and take 4 hours instead of 2. Some how it takes the same amount of gas between push mower or the riding mower. I pretty much use it as my tractor since I don't have the money to fix my farmall h. You should see the bush hog I made for it on my youtube. If I had a good push mower engine I would build a better one. I even thought about buying me a molboard plow from Home Depot, but it cost $350 and $60 for a sleeve hitch.
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2015, 2:09 am

I have done a few mods since the last pic I have uploaded, but I don't have a pic of them yet. I haven't messed with it in a long time other than just cutting the yard. Its about time I start messing with it again. I have done a tire set upgrade to the front and back, but I will have to get some pics to post and I have forgot what they were over time.

I wasn't thinking much when I just got started on the forum and got two different post going on the same mower. Does anyone know how I can move all my stuff to this one? https://www.atltf.com/t4481-my-craftsman-19-5hp  this is my other one if it helps any. I would like to try to move all of that to this one and make this one the only one for my craftsman.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2015, 9:53 pm

Maybe send doc or doug fackler or somebody a private message asking them to move it. I imagine they would probably fix it up for you if you ask nicely. Might even move it if you don't ask nicely, who knows? Still going to be able to mow with it after more modifications or just going to mow with something else?
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2015, 6:04 pm

mr.modified wrote:
Maybe send doc or doug fackler or somebody a private message asking them to move it. I imagine they would probably fix it up for you if you ask nicely. Might even move it if you don't ask nicely, who knows? Still going to be able to mow with it after more modifications or just going to mow with something else?
I'm still mowing with it. Actually about to start cutting now with it. I put the biggest atv knoby tires I could find around me on the back and the rear tires I had on back I put up front. Can't really turn all that sharp with them up front, so I just save them till I think I will actually need them. I also put a pully on the flywheel for dead starts. Spent a whole day trying to get the new key switch put in and fixing connection problems.
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2015, 1:55 pm

Well it has been a long time since I have done a update. Got a picture of my current setup as of yesterday.
opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. 20151110
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2016, 4:15 pm

Alright, It has been a long time since I have been on here much less post something. So, I figured it's abut time I add something new here. I hope everyone enjoys a good video. I you would please post any advise that you would think that would help with future videos.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2016, 6:02 pm

Nice vid man! Are you still mowing with it?
Back to top Go down
willysjeepmb
willysjeepmb

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2016, 11:16 pm

MatthewD wrote:
Nice vid man! Are you still mowing with it?
Just got done cutting some leftover areas in the hay field earlier today. When I got it one of the lift rods were broke so, I just used a ratchet strap and now the other rod broke a few weeks ago. I now have to use two straps to cut with it. After I take care of a few thing I have to buy I plan on getting a second mower for just cutting. Then I can build the heck out of it like I have been wanting to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My opposed twin craftsman.   opposed - My opposed twin craftsman. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My opposed twin craftsman.
Page 1 of 1