All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Air soft tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mudman604

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Air soft tank Empty
PostSubject: Air soft tank   Air soft tank Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2014, 6:52 pm

this it a 2001 or so murray select. usual 12.5 flat head 5sd peerless mst, rusted to S***, but this is my friends tractor.we just finished getting it going. i got the hood from it that is now on M-99, cleaned the carb, re-wired, and some fun tranny work. we took it out because the pulley was so rusted, the tractor drove for about 1 second then the belt came off...
Air soft tank 137_0014
Air soft tank 137_0015
Air soft tank 137_0016
and since i had all the internals of the same axle...
Air soft tank 137_0017
i fixed and sold him the new parts, like the axles, one wheel was stuck on the shaft, brake shaft (the brake disk was rusted on two) and the input shaft for $100. and i gave him my old brake caliper and disk.
Air soft tank 137_0018
even after hitting the axle with a sledge hammer, it did not move. yes i did try heating it up, nothing.
Air soft tank 137_0019
Air soft tank 137_0020
so now that got done, and after a pair of tiers from my tractor i sold for $20, and a free stock pulely(from a 1997 murray and it was in beautiful condition) and some slime in the front tire,she drove like a champ. i did some off roading in his back yard. the diff is still open because we are adding weight to it later. it did pretty good for stock.
he might pulley swap it later, nothing like 1:1, prob just replace the rear pulley with like a 6 or 7' just to speed it up a bit.
Back to top Go down

Air soft tank
Page 1 of 1