All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Northern Tool mechanical kart brake caliper-anyone using it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YotaTruck

Brake - Northern Tool mechanical kart brake caliper-anyone using it? Empty
PostSubject: Northern Tool mechanical kart brake caliper-anyone using it?   Brake - Northern Tool mechanical kart brake caliper-anyone using it? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 6:59 am

Found this recently:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200323386_200323386

Looks like a pretty simple solution. I'm lucky enough to have a tractor with a dedicated brake pedal on the right, so I can just hook up a linkage and be done. It looks like it's simple push or pull operation. It works with this disk which is a 1" keyed bore (will be going on a Peerless 820):

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200321706_200321706

This is going on a work tractor-10MPH would be crazy fast, so I think that even though these are meant for go-karts they'll work and last. I'm going to need two because I don't intend on locking the axle-it would tear up the grass too much. Any suggestions on how to actuate both at the same time? I was thinking of using a cable.
Back to top Go down

Northern Tool mechanical kart brake caliper-anyone using it?
Page 1 of 1