All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hello everyone!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RPMcKenna1976

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2015, 3:13 pm

Name is Richard or Rick. New to the forums as of today! I have been viewing atltf forums for about the past month checking out some of the projects and decided it was time to sign up for an account. Looks like lot's of cool people and projects happening here! We have a couple of tractors here, a MF 1855 with an 18 hp Onan, which is pretty much stock and will likely remain that way with the exception of possibly fabricating a bucket/hydraulic system. The other is "the project tractor", a 1980's era MTD with a 422437-0148 horizontal twin 18 hp Briggs & Stratton. The MTD is partially modded with a heavy duty roll bar, rear mounted battery box and had a cab on it up until last week when she finally totally died on us, I am pretty sure the rear tires were upgraded at some point as well.

It had been sitting at my friends dad's place for about the last 10 years with little to no maintenance performed on it. Lot's of by-passes and work arounds were performed through the years. It got us through most of a pretty horrible winter but totally died last week upon finishing the driveway and had to be pushed into the car port. After troubleshooting the electrical system, I determined the coil pack to be faulty, got the new part a couple days back and the engine is up and running again! This MTD needs a lot of work to get it to where I want it to be. I have a few projects in mind for the future and plan on making photo blog(s) about it here.

We have only recently moved here to the new home as of December 2014 and there is still a lot of stuff to take care of in the shop to make it "workable" but it is all coming along. Most of the work on the tractors will be getting taken care of in the car port. Look forward to meeting and sharing with you all.

Rick.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: New Member Forum :: Introduce Yourself Here!-
Jump to: