All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Best tool for the $$?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

Best tool for the $$? Empty
PostSubject: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 12:44 am

thought i'd let y'all know that i havent just logged off to be forgotten about but the past few months i got a job and been real busy working my a$$ off and buying tools. which brings up my question, what tool brand gets the best quality for the $$$? I just bought a 230pc craftsmen toolset last week and since i got a job and all i'm going to actually start buying tools and a welder and parts + tractors. are harbor freight tools anygood?

p.s

before y'all tell me i cant be making that much money at a part time job, i make $600+ a month and use $40/$60 / month on gas so ye i got alot of money sitting around
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 1:11 am

Craftsman is good for the price. HF tools can be sketchy. They ARE getting better but I'd advise against screw drivers, socket and ratchets, cutting disks, drill presses, lathes, and some of the power tools.

Kobalt and craftsman is probably the tools id buy at my price level. Dewalt is great for power tools
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 1:27 am

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Craftsman is good for the price. HF tools can be sketchy. They ARE getting better but I'd advise against screw drivers, socket and ratchets, cutting disks, drill presses, lathes, and some of the power tools.

Kobalt and craftsman is probably the tools id buy at my price level. Dewalt is great for power tools

know anything about the factory refurbished dewalt tools? sears sells them for real cheap ( http://www.sears.com/dewalt-factory-reconditioned-dck425cr-18v-cordless-4-tool/p-SPM5961651507 )

and what about a good welder ?
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 9:10 am

Craftsman does a sale in the fall on their mechanics set I bought a 300 piece for 199$ some sockets weren't chromed properly so I took half the set back right before Christmas 8B cashiers hate me
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 10:03 am

Made in USA is the way to go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 4:00 pm

TheBeal wrote:
Made in USA is the way to go! Very Happy

I don't even think craftsmen tools are made in the USA anymore
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 4:04 pm

Moose wrote:
Craftsman does a sale in the fall on their mechanics set I bought a 300 piece for 199$ some sockets weren't chromed properly so I took half the set back right before Christmas 8B cashiers hate me

I bought this last month and the case came in cracked so I just took the entire thing in and exchanged it. I paid $106 shipped to my door and i went back today and its on clearence $132.99 with a cracked case
Best tool for the $$? Spin_p10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tool for the $$?   Best tool for the $$? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best tool for the $$?
Page 1 of 1