All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Found 3 Sears tractors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hossman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Found 3 Sears tractors   Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:06 pm

So i lucked out and found 3 sears tractors for 350 bucks. One is an SS15 (pictured below), runs and cuts perfect. Although it sounds like i need to adjust the valves a little. The other is an SS14 which also runs like a top, i just need the mule drive and a couple pieces of the deck mounting hardware. The last one is a Super 12, i think its a 67 or a 68, it has the hood fin and the cigarette lighter on the dash. It will turn over but wont start, i havent even checked if its getting spark, but im pretty sure thats what it is. And to beat it all, they are all in the same shape as the one in the picture, same color even.

Back to top Go down
the old guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Found 3 Sears tractors   Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:45 am

Looks like you made a great buy some guys have all the luck.
Back to top Go down
Hossman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Found 3 Sears tractors   Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:22 am

yeah i just dont know if im gonna turn them into off roaders. They are so nice i'd hate to chop em up. On a sad note, the starter/gen on the SS15 gave out on me, was sounding really rough. When i took it off i spun it and i could hear it crunching inside. Luckily the one from the SS14 fit right over. From what ive seen, its not too difficult to rebuild these old delco-remy starters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found 3 Sears tractors   

Back to top Go down

Found 3 Sears tractors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1