All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Got Mine
Got Mine

mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 5:46 am

Finally started the project.
1 LTX1000 and 1 LT1000.
Goal- to make a super utility grass cutting machine.
I purchased the LT earlier this year with the intentions of making a tandam axle monster.
I have stripped the LT down to scrap metal, sold what I did not need and took some of the sheet metal to the recycler.
Project list
Tandam axle, don't know whether I am running a second pully to main axle to power second axle or am I going to strip innards out of second axle and connect the axles together using Motorcycle gears and chains.
Lengthen frame to accommodate Winch and plow in front and the tandam axle in rear.
I am saving the donor mower hood and fender just in case.
I will be using the bucket part of a wheelbarrow as a dump truck bed on the rear.
Installing LED headlights and rear flood lights.
I also have to change over one of the mandrals because the Project mower has a stripped blade mount.
Thinking very seriously about puting a 2" lift on the tractor.
I have to keep the mower deck and leaf bags functional also.
And..... All this has to be finished before I go in for surgery the replace the broken plate in my leg.

Back to top Go down
Got Mine
Got Mine

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 6:33 am

I took the jigsaw to the donor frame between the front axle mount and the hole from where the engine sat.
mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150610
I took the cut off piece and flipped it around so front of frame is touchinging front of frame. All the holes in the front of frame match the other holes front of frame. Bolt them together and take one of the mounting plates from the front axle and bolted that to the open part of frame to reinforce the piece and to make a neat closed in frame.
mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150710
This is strong enough to stand on and bounce around on it.

Last edited by Got Mine on July 22nd 2015, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Got Mine
Got Mine

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 6:46 am

I then took a left over under bumper 2" receiver mount and mounted to frame and the Receiver mounted winch mounting plate.
mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150712
mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150713mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150714
See how the front axle mounting plate covers the front cut out of the frame nicely.

Last edited by Got Mine on July 22nd 2015, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Got Mine
Got Mine

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 6:50 am

Bolt winch to mounting plate and that is where I stopped yesterday.
mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower 20150715
Back to top Go down
searsdude1977

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2016, 12:11 pm

Hope to.see more of this project are you gonna trim the excess winch plate
Back to top Go down
hutch17

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2016, 12:40 am

the winch plate and hitch assembly, was this on purpose?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower   mower - Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman mower / tugger / dumper / plower
Page 1 of 1