All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1997 Murray
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade   Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Hey guys I was trying to take the pulley off one of my 6 opposed twins and I broke the case accidentally, so I took the carburetor off and I decided to upgrade the carb on my 11hp briggs horizontal shaft. I got it without the carburetor, but the manifold was there. I flipped the manifold upside-down, and the briggs opposed carb bolted right on, the bolt holes lined up perfectly. I plan to run a line from the breather to the fuel pump so I don't have to mount the fuel tank up really high. I started it up and it ran, but I need to get some sort of throttle and choke hooked up.

Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade   Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:58 pm

That's pretty cool looking. I always liked carbs that stuck way out like old hot rods etc... So, you're going to run the pulse line to the intake or the breather? I guess I'd go to the breather, but still let it vent to the atmosphere. You could restrict the vent to create enough pressure to run the pump.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade   Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 pm

I vented to the crankcase. Drilled and tapped a hole for a fitting in the block below the breather.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade   Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

I was going to do that with the 11hp on the baja sears, but I didn't want it sticking out of the hood. Makes a pretty neat setup. On the sears I ran the fuel pump to the intake, but the fuel pump is lower than where the vaccum is hooked and some gas collects in the bottom of the line near the pump. Doesn't really hurt anything though I guess. Block hook up is a better option I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade   

Back to top Go down

Briggs horizontal shaft carburator upgrade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1