All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends just over a month! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
Be sure your build threads are updated and your build meets "finished" qualification rules!!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 
 

 TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:29 pm

this is my 2016 atltf build off mower its a 75 sears st16 that is going to be a off road mower

thing I am going to do to it
25in vampires on the back
19in front tires
14hp predator
leds  
winch
bumper
fix the hood possibly a new lower peace
possibly a locked trans
custom throttle
new pan seat
cut the back plate
and a black and gray paint job

thanks TSCUSTOMS


Last edited by tscustoms on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
cablguy2
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie


Join date : 2016-01-10
Posts : 38
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:49 pm

I looked into getting tires like that. I really like those.
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2016-01-16
Posts : 164
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Looks like this will be a great build! Cant wait to see the finished result!
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 pm

@Rockinator wrote:
Looks like this will be a great build! Cant wait to see the finished result!
Thanks me to going to be fun good luck man
Back to top Go down
donaldcon
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 31
Join date : 2015-04-28
Posts : 335
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Lancaster OH

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Definitely lock it.


Then bring it to.ohio.to wheel. Wink

Good luck
Back to top Go down
marmower
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-10-23
Posts : 46
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:36 pm

This looks like its gonna be a awesome build man. those vampires are definitely gonna perform awesome ive got a pair on my 68 Simplicity. But may i ask, why do you use honda clone engines?
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 pm

@marmower wrote:
This looks like its gonna be a awesome build man. those vampires are definitely gonna perform awesome ive got a pair on my 68 Simplicity. But may i ask, why do you use honda clone engines?
Thanks I use the clones because they are cheap good engines and I can get parts any where I would use real Hondas but there to much and to much to fix and I like the old kholers also
Back to top Go down
MasonMcK
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 18
Join date : 2015-01-26
Posts : 96
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Carroll County, Maryland

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:10 pm

You should swap a Kohler K series into one of your future Sears builds. No one ever does that swap and it seems pretty easy. Plus Kohlers can be built extensively and have tons of torque. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
jonnya
Apprentice
Apprentice


Age : 42
Join date : 2014-08-19
Posts : 95
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Norfolk, England, UK

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 am

@tscustoms wrote:
@marmower wrote:
This looks like its gonna be a awesome build man. those vampires are definitely gonna perform awesome ive got a pair on my 68 Simplicity. But may i ask, why do you use honda clone engines?
Thanks I use the clones because they are cheap good engines and I can get parts any where I would use real Hondas but there to much and to much to fix and I like the old kholers also


I'm also using a Honda clone in my build (I'm doing my photos/entry etc at the weekend - watch this space) for similar reasons. Bits are easier to get in the UK, especially tuning parts as they are used extensively in karting whereas Briggs engines arent. Only standard (Briggs) bits are readily available, but are relatively expensive (They are imported bits to the UK). I've often ordered small parts from the US as it often works out cheaper! I have about 15 or so Briggs engines (nearly all vertical shaft) but as I am building a speed machine this year, decided on a clone.
Back to top Go down
donaldcon
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 31
Join date : 2015-04-28
Posts : 335
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Lancaster OH

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 am

The clones are dang good engines.
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:46 am

@MasonMcK wrote:
You should swap a Kohler K series into one of your future Sears builds. No one ever does that swap and it seems pretty easy. Plus Kohlers can be built extensively and have tons of torque. Good luck!
Thanks I am planning on it I have a 14hp k series that was made for pulling I never fished the tractor so the engine never made it in its a big bore
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: build off video    Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

f


Last edited by tscustoms on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 32
Join date : 2016-01-22
Posts : 100
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Belfast Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:41 pm

@jonnya wrote:
@tscustoms wrote:
@marmower wrote:
This looks like its gonna be a awesome build man. those vampires are definitely gonna perform awesome ive got a pair on my 68 Simplicity. But may i ask, why do you use honda clone engines?
Thanks I use the clones because they are cheap good engines and I can get parts any where I would use real Hondas but there to much and to much to fix and I like the old kholers also


I'm also using a Honda clone in my build (I'm doing my photos/entry etc at the weekend - watch this space) for similar reasons. Bits are easier to get in the UK, especially tuning parts as they are used extensively in karting whereas Briggs engines arent. Only standard (Briggs) bits are readily available, but are relatively expensive (They are imported bits to the UK). I've often ordered small parts from the US as it often works out cheaper! I have about 15 or so Briggs engines (nearly all vertical shaft) but as I am building a speed machine this year, decided on a clone.

you ever use a guy called gx tuning in England? i was speaking with him before christmas about getting some arc stuff but he's very hard to get a hold of now lol

TS - i like your shed/garage man lol looks awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: got the tires on   Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:45 pm

got the new tires on the shifter this weekend I am planning on getting the engine on
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2016-01-16
Posts : 164
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:55 pm

Looking pretty good! Love the look of vampires on mowers
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 32
Join date : 2016-01-22
Posts : 100
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Belfast Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:34 am

You boys are wasting no time getting started Wink do you reckon you will need to lift the rear fenders?
Back to top Go down
donaldcon
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 31
Join date : 2015-04-28
Posts : 335
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Lancaster OH

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:39 am

Those 25s should clear the fenders. I'm running those fenders on mine with 26s and no rubbing.

Though vamps are a bit more aggressive than my tires are.


Can't wait to see this thing finished
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm

offroadohio wrote:
Those 25s should clear the fenders.  I'm running those fenders on mine with 26s and no rubbing.

Though vamps are a bit more aggressive than my tires are.


Can't wait to see this thing finished
I have no rubbing there close to the fenders but no rubbing.
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm

@STUNTMAN JON wrote:
You boys are wasting no time getting started Wink do you reckon you will need to lift the rear fenders?
Nope they fit just right
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor
avatar

Age : 23
Join date : 2010-05-12
Posts : 517
Forum Rep : 6
Location : PA pittsburgh and pymatuning

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:49 pm

gonna be another nice build, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Off Road Domination
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 15
Join date : 2016-02-17
Posts : 74
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:45 pm

That thing is gonna be bad ass dude! Cant wait to see it!!
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2015-02-25
Posts : 54
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 am

I think I found the new front tires and I got my new seat and a new 2500 pound winch. I make my stack and I am going to try to get the engine in this week.
Back to top Go down
Off Road Domination
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 15
Join date : 2016-02-17
Posts : 74
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Hood stack looks great and the which looks like its good quality
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 16
Join date : 2014-11-16
Posts : 1454
Forum Rep : 14
Location : Ballymena, Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm

That stack is cool! How will it but connected to the engine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    

Back to top Go down
 
TSCUSTOMS Dirty Burban [2016 Build-Off Finalist]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2016 Build Off Discussion
» outlaw lawn crafts dirty dynamark mud mower! [2016 Build-Off Entry]
» SUPER B - 60 MPH FIELD TRACTOR [2016 Build-Off Entry]
» MatthewD's Westwood S1200 Build [2016 Build-Off Entry]
» 2002 craftsman utility rig ''ol blue'' [2016 Build-Off Entry]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road/Rally Tractor Project & Builds-
Jump to: