All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is Almost Over!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue May 24, 2016 11:27 pm

well redzz02 is back at it and have decided to enter this year again and my goal is to build a pretty cheap "drift missle" mower
" "drift missile"
A car used for drifting that is nonetheless a piece of scrap metal. It provides a foundation for learning/practicing the art of drifting. More or less, a car to f*** s*** up without having to worry about it breaking"
out of a "lawnscout" (dynamark) 8hp mower
i was suppose to get my hands on a turbo and this build was suppose to be turboed but things didnt fall through with my plug unfortunately and i refuse to buy a crap ebay one and waste my money,
but my plans are to run
- 10 inch hoosier slicks
- 600 series? i believe 3 spd h pattern trans axle
- 18hp briggs and stratton intek vtwin(stock for now)
- direct steer
- hydraulic brakes
- and a whole lot of no F's given

im hoping for this to be a quick and easy straight forward build but we all know how that goes
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue May 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Cool looking little machine. V-twin ought to have enough guts to push it around and have some fun.

***Simplicity Racing Research & Development*** #64
Simplicity Adventure Edition
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
tscustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

This is going to be sick can't wait to see more
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Same gearbox as in my tank.
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Thats going to be pretty nuts! Cant wait to see this come along!
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:39 pm

yes! more of this lol
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 pm

well here is a little update of what i have got done since entering, i will be sure to make a video in the next few days. work and life has been pretty heck-tack lately and always seems like it goes crazy as soon as i start building lol

first off is my steering supports, they are the inner hubs of the 10 inch harbor frieght tires, they have 5/8 bearings and with a coupon you can get a steering support for 4$

second is my front engine bolt mounts, the motor has to sit back as far as possible to clear the hood, so i had to raise it up to accommodate for the recessed frame

heres just a picture of the hub welding to the steering wheel

yes this ones gonna have good working breaks to start off those mad skids

some moose knuckle shot

some ***** 18hp power going into her

and lastely just some turning the wheels

the mower is staying this green other than the exception of probably the under belly is probably gonna get painted black and some decals, it might get flat cleared but im worried itll end up ruining the weathered look

im gonna do minimal frame reinforcement, most likely with aluminum to try and keep her light

thanks for everyones positivity and maybe we can WIN this one again this year
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:11 pm

i did a tad bit more work on the drift missile, im still waiting on my motor pulley which is some what hindering my progress, or at least im blaming it on that. but i got my brake rotor and caliper mounted up and now i have to hook up the foot and hand brake to the master cylinder, i have my locking collars on the steering shaft so that isnt gonna move, and i have the spacers all in the front spindles and front wheels. i really just need my engine pulley so i can finish my clutch some bracing and belt guides. also mount up a gas tank battery, (just so you know i just heard 7 gunshots outside right down the corner from my house as im typing this haha) the perks of bordering the ghetto. but back to the mower build heres some pictures and once my video uploads ill post it here

Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Yah, I heard the same thing building mine outside late at night. And thought," People wonder why I'm building a tank" LOL!!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:03 am

Man i cant wait for this to be running and that v twin floatin some valves. i wonder how well it will perform too. None the less, the ratty look is cool.

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Time for an update, the urge to 4 wheel is ever so pounding on my back and itching to get my bronco done I've been pushing this build to the back burner, but I have gotten a decent bit done

We now have a fully functional braking system minus to return spring, both foot and hand brake
We now have a clutch that works with a pedal

And we now have the motor bolted in and awaiting a belt, electrical, and fuel system

Back to top Go down
rarbaugh07
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Love that model of transaxle, super tough and reliable. Problem is locating the H pattern shifter in your rig.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:32 am

This will be a missile indeed cheers

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:22 am

Always wanted to get my hands on a Briggs twin, looks like you could do some serious drifting with that machine man!
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:12 pm

well we only have the rest of october and november and the build off ends, theres alot of great builds going on right now and im hoping that project "Drift Missle" can pull off another win this year

lets just throw in some pictures and show you what i have accomplished

FIRST OFF QUESTION TO THE MODS AND RULE ENFORCERS in the rules it states if it is electric start you cannot touch the motor while starting it, the first two pictures i post are of two terminals on positive and one negative. my plan is to use these as starting posts for a jump box instead of using a battery, Is this rule legal? or do i need a battery?

plans for terminal posts for starting the mower

starting/kill switch layout

custom fuel tank

intake

and my unicorn pipe

so far everything is going pretty good, this intek runs like junk and has no carb adjustment which is quite annoying, i might have to switch out to a vangaurd if it doesnt straighten up. i got a belt tonight that i think will work out and then its in the home stretch, clean everything up, and finish all the small touches. paint and some lights, and maybe a rear bumper. let me know what you think so far
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:42 pm

The intest of the rules (regarding starting), is to avoid potentially hazardous starting practices- like jumping the starter directly, or shorting the relay termimals with a screwdriver. After some consideration, I have decided that your proposed boost terminals are an acceptable method. Please proceed. And good luck!

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Wait I'm a little confused. Are you going to use those bars for connecting jumper cables up to?
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Or a booster pack, but same difference
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:41 am

Yes mattd and craftsman my plan was to start the mower using a jump pack to save weight but I've decided to add a small atv battery so if it stalls I don't have to fetch the jump box everytime I'll atleast get a few starts out of it and they don't weigh much
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:48 am

Arent the baby deep cell batteries they use on Hoverrounds and stuff 12v?

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

2018 Build Off Entry Commissionaire - Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:39 am

Ah right. I've used one of those little batteries to start my 12hp flat head a few times. It does work, just not constant starting stopping.
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:32 pm

well i took her for a test drive... for about 10 feet i went to shift into second gear and it died and wouldnt start back up... well its an intek and it was junk it wouldnt idle until it warmed up, i pulled the plugs and they were completely caked with carbon, it wouldnt rev up smoothly, and it smoked a little, so it was junk.
so i decided to swap a vanguard into her
now the built pattern on the blocks are the same but exhaust ports, flanges, and the way they mount are different so i did have to rework my exhaust and im happy because it looks better this way

Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:51 pm

I bet that sounds dope. 2into1s sound sweet.

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

2018 Build Off Entry Commissionaire - Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Yeah haven't heard many positive reports on those Intek briggs'. Vanguards are better engines.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 201

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Your tractor is looking pretty sweet. cheers

Forum Administrator ~ Chat Moderator ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: redzz02 Drift Missile [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    

Back to top Go down