All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:28 am

I'm a little late to the party and I wasn't even going to enter but getting this craftsman and BMIKarts.com sales gave me no choice lol lol!

Parts List:
Craftsman Lt1500/2000 chassis
2 24" Rear tires (will be getting new ones on 12s instead of 11s just for show)
Tractor supply padded pan seat
16hp Briggs Vangaurd Single Cylinder Cool
4 shock mounting brackets
2 11" shocks Shocked
2 4.00-10 ag tires and 4 on 4 rims
Tow package from a Lincoln Continental (for square steel to make bumpers)

Last edited by Kevin's Custom Mowers on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Update #1   Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Threw some wheels on it and got it in the garage for tear down. This picture was once I got it in the garage but I stripped all the deck brackets, deck engage, deck raise lower rod, ALL electrical, and any other unneeded parts. The rear wheels aren't on it. I just pinned them on to roll it around.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Update #2   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:21 pm

I've had to type this 4 times because the page keeps "expiring"

After I stripped it all down I put a better front axle in it because the old one had a lot of play in the spindles, installed a large, adjustable tie rod, and notched the frame out to give it more flex.

I ground the washers off the spindles so my new 4 on 4 hubs could slide on freely and be pinned on with the stock c-clip and have no slop or play.

Since I already had the welder out I welded on the back hubs. I figured since all I run is mst's if I ever destroy this mst-205 I can just reuse my axles as long as they aren't bent.

I also mounted the motor, but didn't try to start it.

Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Update #3   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm

MY NEW REAR TIRES CAME IN TODAY! Exclamation bounce Exclamation

I mounted my new 24x10.00-12 Carlisle tires on the 12 inch 4 wheeler rims I have (not the gold 11s that were in the other pictures).

I also fabricated a poorly painted neon green 4 wheeler rack to fit on the back and creatively used some 1" exhaust clamps to secure it to the fenders (I still have to solid mount it to the frame)

I put a new carburetor on the 16hp Vanguard single cylinder, cleaned and gaped the spark plug, put on a new stock muffler, and started the wiring but will need redone thanks to a bad switch.

I also ordered a 97" 5/8 red Kevlar belt (it has a minor pulley swap on the front, nothing too crazy since it's on 24s)

Still much more too go. You can probably expect finished rack and wiring, gas pedal, and the start of the front suspension next. Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:55 am

Front tires look good. They look familiar.... Rears look good too. Is that stuff being next to you on the racks a pain or didn't you test it much that way yet?
Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:24 am

Yeah haha Seems like everybody is buying those tires and rims. You cant beat the price. I also got the rear ones from bmikarts. They are 44.99 ea. 55% off. I thought about buying another set just to have. But as far as the rack. My last rig I had it setup that way and I didn't always keep the gas can on it but I did always have the ammo box with some basic tools to fix on the go. I personally liked it. I mean I'm 6'1" and I had no problem getting on and off and it didn't take away any of my room lol

Here's a more current picture of it right before I sold it.

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 14

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Kevin's Custom Mowers wrote:

Is this the most overpowered push mower ever? Very Happy :lol Lol, nice build. Good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:26 am

[/quote]

I love the look of this thing in this pic
Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:24 pm

New update for ya'll to watch and enjoy! Getting closer!

Back to top Go down
Diesel Exhaustion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Emil B
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: front tires...   Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 am

can you give me a link to those front tires. PS: great build!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 14

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Emil B wrote:

Wheel assembly: http://www.bmikarts.com/400-10-Tire-Tubeless-Rim-4-on-4--Mounted_p_3246.html

Wheel hubs: http://www.bmikarts.com/Heavy-Duty-4-on-4_c_306.html

Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Doug wrote:
Emil B wrote:

Wheel assembly: http://www.bmikarts.com/400-10-Tire-Tubeless-Rim-4-on-4--Mounted_p_3246.html

Wheel hubs: http://www.bmikarts.com/Heavy-Duty-4-on-4_c_306.html
thanks! i will probably use those tires for my mower. (my dad will probably buy me a mower and give it as a christmas present)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

Kevin's Unnamed Extreme Craftsman Mudder [2016 Build-Off Entry]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1