All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  Empty
PostSubject: 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal    pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2016, 9:43 pm

pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  Image11 how would you guys/gals rig up a gas pedal for this? The cable zig zags into the little plastic box? Cut and bend then attach gas pedal cable to it? Can't figure out a way...
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal    pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2016, 11:18 pm

Here is what I've done a couple times now. Have the cable attach to a solid piece. In my case, I had a bicycle brake or shifter cable with an end on it (barrel or whatever it's called). Anyway, I bent up a stock lawn mower carb rod so the one end of course fits into the throttle. The other end I bend around so it forms a hook. Then you need a small nut that just barely fits over the cable end. You slide the nut over the cable end and then put the hook through. Once the hook is through it can't fit back off the cable. You can also loop the cable and crimp it with aluminum things which are made for cable. Avaliable at home depot or lowes near the cable and rope. I don't have a pic or know exactly what they are called, but they're just a small aluminum thing with space for two cables to fit through. They come in different sizes for various cables. Then once everything is adjusted and hooked in, the cable can't fall out.
pedal - 12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal  IMG_4594_zpstmviytx4
Back to top Go down

12hp Briggs flathead gas pedal
Page 1 of 1