All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug

Go down 
AuthorMessage
StuntHands

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey all,

I wanted to introduce myself and hello! I have been a lurker and YouTube watcher for a while now, but after the rapid acquisition of several tractors.... BTW, how does one go from never owning a riding lawn mower to have 3 inside a month.... The first was an older balck Murry with a 12.5HP B&S motor, bad deck, solid motor. It could not mow the lawn because the deck was so bad. The second mower arrived, a late(r) model Troy-bilt 42" deck with hydrostatic drive and a sweet B&S 18.5HP motor. Unfortunately the motor didn't run, so I swapped the 12.5 into it, rewired and its working now. I need to modify the side cover for my new muffler, but that is about it. All the switches and safe stuff works as long as I leave the kill pigtail plugged in. Very Happy

I plan to turn the Murry into a Mud Mule with big tires, winch, and possibly a small hoist/recovery mechanism for the back. More or less a camping toy and something to get dirty with.

The 3rd and most prized tractor I have is a mid-80's Snapper Z-Rider Pro Cruiser zero turn mower with 61" deck. I plan to turn it into a parade float tug and It has a 25hp Kohler Command motor with trashed cylinders. It was run for a season without an air filter and roasted the walls and pistons. I hope to either sleeve the motor, find oversized pistons or a replacement block. The deck has been dropped and I plan to extend the front end out about 2 feet. This would allow the driver to move forward and down, and I can create a bench rumble seat in the original drivers position. I want to put a Model A style T-bucket top on it for some rain/sun protection and I might even add A/C later.. Come on, 25HP is so much power... Under the mower, I plan to mount a 10k Generator head in place of the PTO. This way I have plenty of power for any float I pull, or if I need to power my house.

I plan to draw from Ed Roth for inspiration on design and lines. I would love to know what you think. Once I get some additional pictures, I will post them up. Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to building some tractor toys. Smile

Clear skies,
John
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 117

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

A zero turn mower?? Very interesting idea, should be cool. We're gonna need some pictures of this beast, hahaha. Welcome to the forum!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:04 am

Welcome! I love it, parade tug come generator. Can't wait to see progress on that one, and the Murray too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug   

Back to top Go down

Stunt Hands and the Zero Turn Tug
Page 1 of 1