All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Pulley Swap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colepaq

SWAP - Pulley Swap Empty
PostSubject: Pulley Swap   SWAP - Pulley Swap Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2016, 1:01 pm

So im getting a MST-206 swapped into my tractor, and i've been thinking about a double pulley system, where a clutch operates each set of pulleys and I can select a high gear and a low gear from there. I was wondering what the highest pulley swap I could run on it would be? Im planning to run 20 inch somewhat aggressive tires and a 12HP briggs(if i can get it running). I also want to make sure that theres no limitations on a low gear pulley swap either, because I dont want to break anything.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

SWAP - Pulley Swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulley Swap   SWAP - Pulley Swap Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2016, 1:11 pm

well a 1:1 ratio is pretty good with 4 inch pulleys for a romper. a lowered racing tractor would be more like 2:1. I think the description kind of hints at a romper. if 1:1 isn't enough, a five inch front with a 4 inch rear is about what i run and love it
Back to top Go down

Pulley Swap
Page 1 of 1