All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Li'l Red Murray Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:04 am

Another update while I'm currently out of commission on the Sasquatch build.

Finally got around to reattaching the exhaust. Made a new screw on pipe.

Also made a little video for your viewing enjoyment.

Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Pipe looks good. Also I agree with you, the white rims would look cool against the red tractor.
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

Forum Rep : 31

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Took one of those mufflers off the Sasquatch engine and cut it in half.  It's OD was the same ID of the pipe.  2 self tap screws and all set.

Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Oh I see, well that's pretty handy!
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

The good and the bad today.

After mowing the yard, I thought I would reward myself my hitting that mud hole out behind the yard.  Drove out there and realize, I may need gas.  I drove back and got gas as it was almost out.  Filled up and went back out, after getting blackberry thorns all in my legs, I finally made it to the spot.  Just as I was hitting the hole the engine started cutting out.  UGH!  I upshifted and gave it all it had.  almost made it out the other side and got stuck.  The mud was stuck harder in the treads than fresh dog poop.  Luckily I made it far enough to step off and pull the rest of the tractor out of the hole.  By this time I'm popping and surging pretty bad.  I made it back and put it away muddy.

Lessons learned...

I think I have water in the gas.  I realized the shed it sits in leaks pretty bad right over the engine.  I will drain the gas and try again later.

I need different front tires.  These are just too wide. and have too much drag.

Oklahoma mud is a whole different animal than what you see online.  LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 am

Well got Red out tonight while I was grilling my wife a bone in Rib-eye.  It was super tasty by the way.  Anyways, I tore into the carb today to check it out.  I drained the bowl and it still surged and popped.

Upon air breather break down it still had water in the nut dimples in the breather holder.  Nice.  Cleaned that and went ahead and took the carb apart.  Checked the jets.  High speed was good and clear.  Low speed was clogged at the bottom.  It had some tarnish in it.  I figured from the nasty water.  Got it cleaned out and purrs again.

Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 am

So, got the carb fixed and headed back out to the spot yesterday. It was dried up, but I was enjoying the stroll though the brush. I drove over to where the rocks/brick was at the other place. I could see the mud settled up around them, I was going over a landscape timber and I lost all motion?! Belt was still on. I put it in neutral and the rear seemed locked up? No leaks from a break, but I was not "pushing" the trans either. I jumped back on played with trying to put it in gear. I could feel the metal ball where each gear should be. I ended up settling on 2nd or 3rd and was rocking the tractor. Then it just "caught" and I was off again like nothing was wrong? I had all gears again at this point.

Not sure what was going on. Possible shifting forks issue?

mst206-(545c?) I think.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Wed May 17, 2017 11:29 am

Yeah sounds like a shift fork issue to me. Not sure what else it would be. Missing teeth on an input gear would be herky jerky all the time and wouldn't take off smooth again after spazzing out
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

I'm out of town next week, so I guess I'll drop it and bust into it next month sometime and see.  Then I will also have the stinch of 80-90 oil in my sinuses again for a few days.  LOL

I also put the old black front rims on. The other wheels and tires were kind of heavy compared to the black ones. Probably due to the spacer needed to run the 4on4 rims.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

I had something similar to that happen to my 820. Seems like the the shift keys got cought in between gear? It was weird. It kinda seized in reverse like the chain had broken and bound up in the trans, then I rolled back so that was ruled out. Wouldn't quite engage in any gear for a second then pop, off I go. It hasn't happened in a while. Confused tf outta me. But the trans wasn't making any new weird noises so I just kinda drove off and pretended nothing happened...
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 pm

That sounds exactly like what happened to me. Just before it happened, I had a little trouble with reverse, once it kicked in again, all was good again. I ran it through all gears afterwards. No wierd or new noises or anything. Who knows. I think I will wait to break into it until it happens again.

23 second mark is where I got stuck a couple weeks ago. I was going well and when I got to the other end of the puddle I got stuck on the exit. Clay packed into the tires and would not sling. I was like having slicks.

End of the video is where I lost gears. Who knows.

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 14

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

That exhaust is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm

I like the sound.  I plan on some slight modification when i get back from vacation in a couple weeks. Where it is not blowing on the tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Li'l Red Murray Project   

Back to top Go down

Li'l Red Murray Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5