All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Tue May 16, 2017 10:16 am

Hahaha will do!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Well this weekend I'm hoping to install a brake setup on the ol' MTD. I took the caliper off when I was mocking up the transaxle and I never put it back on, haha. But I think I should probably reinstall the caliper and fabricate a brake control of some sort. I'm thinking maybe a spring loaded handle that you push forward to engage and then release. I would also like it to lock so I have a parking brake. I have a few ideas of what I want it to look like, but we'll see what actually happens hahaha. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 pm

The honda handbrake Doc had is an awesome idea. You have a mower junkyard near you right? Maybe try to find one of those...
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Thu May 18, 2017 1:23 pm

I think a foot brake would be pretty cool if you could find somewhere good to mount it.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
The honda handbrake Doc had is an awesome idea. You have a mower junkyard near you right? Maybe try to find one of those...

Yeah maybe. I'll probably try and fab one up myself first though.

@MatthewD wrote:
I think a foot brake would be pretty cool if you could find somewhere good to mount it.

Yeah true. But I always sorta prefered a hand brake on my tractors. Like the one on the rat rod.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 12:22 am

Weellllll... I didn't end up doing brakes yet like I said I would. Hahaha, I have the pieces I want to build it, but I got a wee bit distracted with something else;

Decided to build a double pulley clutch, plans change I guess hahaha! Hopefully more tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

Forum Rep : 31

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 10:26 am

Lookin good!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 1:57 pm

Thanks mighty!

Well I got my clutch all mounted up and working good, but my belt kept falling off of the rear pulley whenever I went over a dip in the ground. I figured the frame was flexing real bad at the rear causing the belt to pop off.
So...

I can drive over anything and there's virtually no flex like there used to be. My belt also doesn't pop off or anything anymore, so I'm very happy! I probably shouldve re-enforced the back end sooner... but whatever hahaha! Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 2:28 pm

Damn son you got serious lol
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 4:03 pm

Did you really expect anything less than the best CQ?? Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

Forum Rep : 31

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 5:56 pm

That's a lot of burning! Looks stiff now!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 6:04 pm

Oh yeah haha! I think I'm still gonna add a crossmember or two though, just to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Yesterday at 8:13 pm

Yeeaaahh. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Today at 12:11 am

Holy crap man!Shocked I bet my Craftsman frame bends more then that ever will now! Lookin' mint! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   Today at 9:10 am

Hahaha thanks Rich. I'm hoping she's gonna be solid as a rock when I'm done with 'er!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)   

Back to top Go down

MTD off-road build (Mobile Terrain Dominator)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15