All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

1975 ford lt75

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WNY-offroad mowers
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: 1975 ford lt75   Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:45 am

Ok so I got this Ford LT75 a while back for $50. I did notice that montgomery wards and Jacobsen made this same tractor. Havent really looked at it much because I started a project with a murray widebody lt. Was wondering if anyone has ever modified one of these or has pics of a modified one. dont know if i want to go offroad or kart style with it. Does anyone know what transaxle it has? its a three speed with reverse. Looked all over on google and havent really seen any that have been done so I really have nothing to go off of. Any information is greatly appreciated! Cool
Back to top Go down
WNY-offroad mowers
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:49 am

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 am

Nice! That's a really cute tractor. Does it have the engine mounted sideways? Judging by the shifter, I'd say it is a peerless 600. I wouldn't modify that one too much, just remove the deck, pulley swap, not much more.
Back to top Go down
WNY-offroad mowers
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 am

@MatthewD wrote:
Nice! That's a really cute tractor. Does it have the engine mounted sideways? Judging by the shifter, I'd say it is a peerless 600. I wouldn't modify that one too much, just remove the deck, pulley swap, not much more.

Yes the engine is mounted sideways, 7hp briggs. I looked today it does in fact have the 600 series trans. I would like to modify it but keep the original paint. I like the stock look. Only things I would want to change is the foot boards, maybe build something around them to keep my feet in. I also worry about pulley swapping due to the width of the machine. it definitely is small and skinny, wish it was a tad wider. Still looking for ideas, it is built like a tank for its size.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 am

If it were me, it would be utility. Rather beef it up and use it for work than risk flipping it on a trail.

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

2018 Build Off Entry Commissionaire - Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
WNY-offroad mowers
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:36 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
If it were me, it would be utility. Rather beef it up and use it for work than risk flipping it on a trail.

was thinking about the utility/ offroad route too, maybe just a slight pulley swap with some more aggressive tires, bumpers, winch, etc. I do want this build to last awhile and the current engine does smoke a bit on startup. So it may need a engine swap in the near future. bounce
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 112

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:22 am

It would appear that your 600 has 3-bolt hubs as well, that could open up your choices for rear wheels maybe.

Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!

Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 am

600's are a beefy trans! Esp for a wee 7hp briggs. Maybe an engine swap would be a viable option, depends on how fast you want to go.
Back to top Go down
TheGreenHornet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 am

Arent the 600s horizontal input? And the mower has a vertical shaft engine? that would be a twisted belt. i hate twisted belts. nothing but trouble. for the most part at least. never had to deal with any thankfully, but it just seems like it would be an issue at higher speeds or pulling something, whichever way you go with this.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:22 pm

@TheGreenHornet wrote:
Arent the 600s horizontal input? And the mower has a vertical shaft engine? that would be a twisted belt. i hate twisted belts. nothing but trouble. for the most part at least. never had to deal with any thankfully, but it just seems like it would be an issue at higher speeds or pulling something, whichever way you go with this.

The 633 is horizontal, I think thats the only one. The rest of the 600s are vertical. @AllisKidD21 used a 600 in his rat rod and @redzz02 used one in his drift missile
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Yeah, @Prancstaman has one in his tank. They are have really strong cases and thick axle supports. Pretty good choice for a mudder.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:00 pm

The 633's weren't made by Peerless, that's why they're different. The 600's are pretty heavy duty though, like Matt said they usually have cast axle housings that bolt to the case. They don't have a reverse chain either, they have a reverse idler gear like a car or tractor. They shift on the go really smooth as well, my rat rod shifts like a car and it's pulley swapped. They have an H-shift pattern too which is nice, but it takes a wee bit of getting used to for quick shifts. Oil filled as well which is a bonus. Mines held up great especially considering I had to grind 'er into gear a few times when the clutch stopped working, hahaha!

- M.T.D. Off-Road Build  

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:15 pm

I think the 633's were made by Roper. The downside is that they only come in 3 speed and reverse models so you don't have that joy of shifting up 5/6 gears Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Yeah Roper made 'em. You have a point, but I like the three speed because it's like an old 50's muscle car hahaha!

- M.T.D. Off-Road Build  

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1975 ford lt75   

Back to top Go down

1975 ford lt75
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: General Drivetrain Topics-
Jump to: