All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Planning my build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy Young
Andy Young

Planning my build  Empty
PostSubject: Planning my build    Planning my build  Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2017, 12:42 am

Hello all,

I previously posted in the new members forum with my idea. Well now after considerable research it's starting to come together. It's roughly based off the vintage Power Pup tractor plans. They can be found here:

http://www.vintageprojects.com/tractors/garden-tractor-plans.pdf

Alterations I've decided on are an adaptation to a row crop narrow front design not only because it simplifies the steering an front 'axle', but it utilizes parts I already have, which is the name of the game for this build. I'm adapting it from these plans:

http://www.vintageprojects.com/tractors/model-a-tractor.pdf

The basis of my front end is 12" tires and rims taken from Simplicity 2 wheel tractor with Ford spindles and hubs in the proper 4.5"x5 bolt pattern. I also decided on the row crop because it's unique and it's suppose to be better for carving through mud and snow, the name of the game.

The transmission is from a 1970 Dodge D-500 truck, an NP435 4 speed with low first gear.

The rear end is from an 1985 s10 with 15" gm rims with either ag (tractor) tires or atv tires. Frame will be made to fit with scrap steel.

Will update with pictures and more details as they become available.

Thanks for reading.

Seat is from an old combine.

That's what I got for now.
Back to top Go down

Planning my build
Page 1 of 1