All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Camera Gear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2017, 6:04 pm

Hello, I was hoping to shoot some more offroading videos and was just wondering what everyone uses for camera gear? I seem to build my youtube account then someone bugs me and I delete all my videos. I am looking to spend around 100. Something ruggedized would be great. I was thinking of picking up a gz1 casio commando cell phone but Question idk. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2017, 6:29 pm

I just use my iPhone honestly. The vids on my channel are from my 4s, but I got a 7 for Christmas so we'll see how much better it is. I'm hoping to get a GoPro Hero at some point. Maybe a used 3? Idk, something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2017, 8:17 pm

I just use my phone for all my stuff. Samsung J36v on my latest videos. I'm hoping to get a cheapo gopro clone so I don'thave to worry so much about dropping my phone in water or running it over.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2017, 6:13 pm

I have a go pro hero 3 for mounted shots and a canon vixia HF R600 for hand held stuff when I want zoom and don't want a fish eye lens. Forget what the canon cost, $180? Takes a while to focus if you zoom too quick, more you spend the better quality you get I guess. I haven't really researched many cameras.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2017, 8:40 pm

I usually use a DXG video camera. It's about 10 or so years old but does OK, then there's my Droid max I would use when my batterys wasn't charged for my DXG. Really depends how clear you want your vids to be and if you want those black bars on the sides of the videos from the 4:3 ratio or full screen from a 16:9 ratio. Get some good video editing software to do the editing. What a computer comes with is very limited for editing videos. Good software can format it in any format and any video ratio to a standard video, to HD video. Read the box and compare what it can do. You want to be able to save the edited video in a DVD format and also save it to a computer file too for uploading it to YouTube and to save memory space on a computer since a DVD format uses way more memory storage then a video saved in a "avi" or "wav' format.

Honestly those Walmart specials, around $60 do great for videos. it's the editing software that matters. You can record in 480 ratio and can change it in the editing software to 1280 if you wanted to. Clarity of the video would almost be the same, but who else would know but you, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Camera Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera Gear   Camera Gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camera Gear
Page 1 of 1