All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 7/29/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bow tie mud guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:21 pm

DLT 2000 ( BUILD PLAN ) THRASHER !
there is a lot to this build !! this build will be a dedicated mud racer. the tractor is a hydro , but will get a 1 inch live axle , peerless 700 trans box , back half of frame will get built out of square tube , so i can mount the 700 and live axle , new tires all around , disk brake , the motor in it will be replaced with a 18 hp v-twin van guard  , tether kill  switch , it will be lowered a lot , stretched up front with a GT 6000 front clip , chopped hood , chopped dash , cut rear fenders and lower seat , all new wiring , push button start , kill switch on dash , lights , and all new paint !! this build will be a costly build but thats all good because i have 9 months to build but i need it done by Oct 1st so i can get a video of it performing like it should at the last race of the season in my town !!!!   WISH ME LUCK !!!

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Looks like you've got your hands full- better get the wife in there! Wink
Good luck to you, sir!

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
mightyraze

Forum Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Pretty demanding build you got there! Good Luck!

Li'l Red mud mower!

Woo Doggies!
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com Online
RichieRichOverdrive
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Judging by your YouTube videos you are gonna set a record for quickest buildoff finish...
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

@bow tie mud guy wrote:
i need it done by Oct 1st

Oct 1 is my birthday. Are you building this for me?
lol!  lol!

Mud racer sounds fun, ought to be good!
Back to top Go down
bow tie mud guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: 1st update on thrasher    Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:16 pm

i have been working on this rig for a few weeks and its coming along pretty well !! still a long way to go !!

Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Looks good. What kind of rear tyres are those? Look a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Wow I'm really looking forward to seeing this build done. And those paddle tires are wild!
Back to top Go down
bow tie mud guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: thrasher reply !!   Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:45 pm

i know what you mean ! this thing is going to be wicked to say the least , the rear tires should do what i need them to do but the only thing im kinda worried about is it getting to much grip and flipping backwards !! im thinking some sort of wheelie bar might be in order
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Wheelie bar would look pretty cool. What kinda speed are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:10 am

Looking good. Nice frame stretch.
Back to top Go down
bow tie mud guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: trasher reply    Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 am

well with my mud rig that i had in oct 16 i run 200 foot of mud at the bogs in 6.8 seconds and took 1st place , so im looking to beat that by 2 seconds this oct with THRASHER !!
Back to top Go down
bow tie mud guy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: thrasher   Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:51 am

thrasher has come a lil ways in the past month , i  had to go with a peerless 930 for this build because of the torq and clutch drops im going to be doing with this tractor . i dont think the peerless 700 would have held up to the pure hell im going to put this rig through !! i did get the motor in and all hooked up and running ( stock un touched yet ) . next is the pulleys and clutch . when i have that done it will be time for a test drive in stock form as for the motor goes ! if i like what i have at the end of testing , i will tear the rig down and do a complete once over ( finish weld , reinforcing ) before it goes to paint . in the mean time the motor will get some work done to it , to make it stronger and more reliable ! i hope you like it so far !! i also got that big hole covered up in the frame up front !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

bow tie mud guy thrasher build - build #1 [2017 Build-Off Entry]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1