All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Your shift linkage will be awfully low....Are you going to build skid plates? What happened to the Teccy?
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:21 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Your shift linkage will be awfully low....Are you going to build skid plates? What happened to the Teccy?

I do plan on doing some sort of protection for the shift linkage. With this machine I just have to wing it and figure it out 1 step at a time.

The Tecumseh is up for sale, it would not have enough power to move this tracta-cooler. This thing is pretty heavy and my top speed is only going to be 20MPH on flat terrain. I doubt I will ever try to get it to go that fast. The top of the cooler sits at 47".
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

Forum Rep : 31

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 pm

47 inches! WOW thats going to be tall! Looks great though!
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Nice flatty! Doing any engine mods?
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:08 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
Nice flatty! Doing any engine mods?

Right now it has a oil leak I have to find. It's a small slow leak so I'm not the concerned with it yet. My goal is to get thing rolling under its own power and all the mechanics worked out with it. If I have the time and $ I might do some "light modifications" to it. I'm definitely ditching the stock carb and intake and exhaust. Not sure how much $ I really want to sink into a 12.5HP Briggs. If I have to crack open the engine to fix the leak I will take the governor out of it.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Cool. Using an ATV/slider carb?
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 pm

@MatthewD wrote:
Cool. Using an ATV/slider carb?

I am not sure yet. I haven't thought that far.
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Here is a video of the swing arm completion.

Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 pm

little update on the Tracta-Cooler. I haven't gotten much work done lately, but I did get some new toys in for her.

Maybe I should change the name to MEGA Tracta-Cooler?
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:51 pm

The only ride that gets lighter, the cooler it gets, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 pm

I stole this one from Doc Sprocket and added to it a little bit

Coolness ain't free..... Cash, Ass, or Beer.
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Awesome update. Looks great!
Back to top Go down
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Ok guys wanted to give you a little update on the build. I have only been able to work on it a little here and their. My wife and I are expecting our second child in a few weeks. So I might have to take a break from the build for a bit until we get things to settle down with the new addition to the family. I just don't want to get disqualified from not updating the thread. A couple things I have been working on is making a clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch assembly, running the connections for pedals, and new power plant for the tracta-cooler. Once I have all that completed I will make a video and do a write up.

Thank you for your patience with this build. I feel like I'm not as far as I should be, but we are only a few months into the build. At this point it is a rolling chassis and I started from complete scratch.
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Congratulations! How exciting!

We still have quite a while, take your time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

Chris's **Tracta-Cooler** [2017 Build-Off Entry]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2