All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Daily driver?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I think Fiero’s are pretty cool little cars. Something GM could’ve done better on with a bigger engine, but most people put SC3800s in em anyway.

But...

That’s my next point. It seems I was in the right place at the right time...again lol. The day I went to the junkyard to pull some parts for the silver car was the same day they were sending cars to be crushed. Among them, the impala I wanted parts off of. Got 4 very new struts for 100 bucks! Another car they were gonna send..hehe

A 1999 Grand Prix GTP. That fellas has a series 2 supercharged 3800. Car came in with bad trans, good engine. Asked how much they wanted for the engine, and they said 200 bucks! Said they would hold it for me on account of the cold and they’d help me pull it once it warms up a bit. Also helps that the owner of the junkyard is my younger brothers bus driver and we talk a lot on the days I ride with him. Not sure about the mileage on it, I was so focused on getting my struts, but looks to be all there and not hacked up which is kinda surprising.

So plans have changed again. Instead of a built NA 3500 I guess I’m going with a blown 3.8. The thing fell in my lap for a good price so I just had to lol. Updates as soon as I have it in my possession
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 50

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sat May 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Alrighty guys, while the impala build gets under way, I figured I would get something to drive while she’s down. My friend had this stick shift ranger that I liked and so it was mine for 500 bucks

278k...broken odometer...three owners ago. My estimate is north of 300k. And it is the 3.0 5 speed, 4x4, and manual everything.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 66

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sat May 12, 2018 10:44 pm

this looks like a great first truck, I like manual everything
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 pm

I love it. Lil rough around the edges so I don’t have to worry so much, but solid overall. Forgot to mention it’s a 94
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 12:17 am

Ranger's are decent enough I think. Lot of them the rear spring shackles get rusted out but maybe not so much in indiana, don't know. Looks good to me though.

Here's probably the most normal car I ever had so far. 2000 Toyota Echo. Had to swap the transmission from a wrecked one because no one could find a used manual anywhere. Most are automatic's. 256,000 miles. Just started using it. So far it's been nice, about 37-39 mpg. And I have the wrecked car for a spare engine and parts. The other one got hit in the drivers door.

It's cleaned up better now, this was when I first got working on it. Had been sitting for almost 4 years and I never got around to swapping the transmissions around.

***Simplicity Racing Research & Development*** #64
Simplicity Adventure Edition
Diesel Submarine Project
Baja Sears Suburban
Modified Briggs Model 5s
ATLTF.COM Race Truck
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 am

IDK what it is, but I like the look of a Ranger. Manual sounds like fun. Burnout coming soon?
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 9:24 am

Nah. I’m gonna try to take decent care of it. With over 300k on a 3.0, she doesn’t have much power. I really just need it to stay reliable. I’m about to put a lot of money into my other car
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am

That’s also an interesting little car mr mod. My friend has a stick shift Saturn ion and it’s the only one either of us have ever seen, so I know what you mean about finding another transmission haha.

You said it was the “most normal car you’ve ever owned” ...what are some of the oddballs?
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 9:54 am

That's a nice Ranger CQ! I like the boxy look to it.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 116

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
You said it was the “most normal car you’ve ever owned” ...what are some of the oddballs?

I was wondering this as well, haha.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 3:41 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Alrighty guys, while the impala build gets under way, I figured I would get something to drive while she’s down. My friend had this stick shift ranger that I liked and so it was mine for 500 bucks

278k...broken odometer...three owners ago. My estimate is north of 300k. And it is the 3.0 5 speed, 4x4, and manual everything.

Welcome to the ranger gang!.

damn a 3.0 4x4 is kinda rare ! with that 3.Slow itll last long but you wont win any races haha.. not that i would even win any with my 4.0.. except the one to an empty tank.. that it would probably out do a fullsize lol..

so my dailys projects went all over the place ! sold the fiero.. locked cool was cool but wayyy to slow and i needed something better.. so i never would have toight i would get anytthing like that but.. i got myself a mercedes... yea.. quite a weird jump.. going from a 1984 fiero to a 2002 mercedes e430..

here it is.. a 2002 Mercedes e430 AWD with a nice little 4.3L v8 thats actually pretty good on gas ! 27mpg ! got it for really cheap too 1400$..

i know.. its ugly.. but hey its pretty quick has a v8 is decent on gas and very comfortable.. i was really happy with it but then...

me and my friend found an even faster mercedes for cheaper.. A Mercedes e500 2004 AWD 5L v8 granted it looks even worse.. but hey its faster and has a bigger v8 ! lol
so we went and got it..

needs rear air suspension spring and alternator.. i planned to fix it and enjoy it for a while before selling it but..  now.. its just gonna be fixing it and selling it haha..

yes... a wagon.. yes its ugly..

but.... we found an even better one ! yes... i know.. its getting bad..

i have been wanting this model for quite a while and almost bought one for 5k$ all rusty and with way to many miles.. à
we found this one with a new paintjob from 2012 good maintenance and great tires and wheels for 900$. the car is worth well around 8000$
the reason it was so cheap is it needs work. the previous owner tought he blew the transmission but it only need a trans computer or conductor plate, as is typical for these models.. anyways.. this is the one im keeping for good..

a 1999 C43 AMG 4.3L v8 RWD

soo now i sold the e430 for 2k we are fixing the e500 and selling it and fixing the c43 and enjoying that one.. this.. is why i have not had any free time to work on tractors..
the Ranger\Mazda is still going.. but not so strong, i regret so much buying the automatic truck.. should have went manual.. the trucks transmission is crapping out and it needs a bunch of work too, shocks u joints tune up diff rebuild etc.. i have enough work to do on my cars for the next couple months haha, but.. its fun.. sometimes..
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm

My daily driver is a 1995 ford f150, 4.9L inline six with a manual 5 speed. Had both fuel tanks go out and finally got the rear one replaced with a new pump and had it driving for a couple months and just today it started running on 4 or less cylinders . No idea why, pulled a plug , looked like it was getting got but not burnt, and the distributor, rotor, and wires like in September of last year. Might be injectors or a coil or something.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 pm

That’s like my best friends dream truck haha! 2wd or 4?

I didn’t know the 3.slow and 4wd were a rare combo. Either way I think the 3.slow sounds better than the 4.go
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:35 pm

It's a 2wd. Wish it was 4wd, not sure if they are made in 4wd with an inline 6.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Can't beat an ol' Ford 4.9 inline. Torquey engines and durable as hell too. Strong bottom end, I wanna say they have seven crank bearings or something like that. Haha.

Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:47 pm

Well with 218000 miles on it it's kinda on its last leg. Most of the miles were put on it in Texas they were pretty rough miles.
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:51 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
That’s like my best friends dream truck haha! 2wd or 4?

I didn’t know the 3.slow and 4wd were a rare combo. Either way I think the 3.slow sounds better than the 4.go

Yep the 3.0 with 4wd was fairly rare and not offered every year in that config.. most ppl opted for the 4L when taking the 4wd option.. what's even more rare is the 4 cylinder with 4wd they only made those for.a couple years in the 90s..
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
Double W Cross Ranch
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 17

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am

@biggasmowers wrote:
Well with 218000 miles on it it's kinda on its last leg. Most of the miles were put on it in Texas they were pretty rough miles.
Haha, well the good thing about Texas is without the rain, none of our cars rust! LOL.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Hay People,
Got me a new shiny truck the day after Christmas. It's my new daily driver till I get my Jeep going, then the wife will take over driving it when I'm driving my Jeep. It's a 2005 Chevy Avalanche with the 295 hp 5.3 LS, 4wd, and power everything. The wife wanted me to get a Silverado crew cab short bed 4wd but I talked her into me getting an Avalanche because it had all the same features as the Silverado  but I wanted a full bed and the Avalanche rear wall of the cab folds down for the full bed. This thing has the SUV suspension too with coil springs in the back with the 5 link rear suspension setup so it rides real smooth. Love the covers for the bed because you can do the bed with the rear cab wall in a number of configurations. I don't do much hauling but when I do I usually need the full bed and usually is not that much weight. Just hit 100,000 miles on it. My first vehicle I bought where I didn't have to drag or tow it home to get it running to drive it. Also came with a car note Sad

So, the bad thing about the truck is, Part of the deal was I can't start modifying it till it starts looking like crap. Going to take a while since I'm actually taking good care of it by washing it. LOL.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:43 pm

The rear suspension sounds pretty neat. So is it pretty much the same setup that they put in the Tahoe's?

Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Yes, the same. A 4 link with a panhard bar, I think. Same as the Suburban of that year, since the Avalanche is a modified Suburban.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily driver?   

Back to top Go down

Daily driver?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6