All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 12/16/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
Voting for the 2017 Build-Off is now a go! Click Here to cast your stone!
The prize list has been finalized! Check out what's up for grabs by clicking here!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 
 

 craftsman with a swing arm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: craftsman with a swing arm    Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 am

hey guys i busted the rear end in my crafts man so im puttin a ragb eith 3 gears an reverse on it hooked into a 87 honda 250x swing arm an running disk breaks any hints or coments holler i will get pictures up soon
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 23
Join date : 2010-10-03
Posts : 170
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:59 pm

please post lots of pics, i want to do the same thing with a 3 speed i have and an '86 trx200sx axle
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm

i have bout got every thing mocked up an ready to bolt in havin promblems with my front any suggestions
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm

hey guys i have uploaded a video of my mower would yall care to chech it out an comment i will put it on here asap after it down loads
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: I am going the other way. mower engine on a polaris trail boss   Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 pm

I picked up a '94 trailboss last week for a parts bike . no motor or tranny, most electric parts are gone, no tank or throttle.
Good tires and plastics. Started hacking up the frame and put in a 17.5 hp briggs single and a peerless 797. Need to finish the mounts and waiting on $60 woth of chineses quad parts.
The chineese quad parts are dirt cheap and will replace a lot of honda parts. (not sure about the quality yet) might check them out if you are needing sprockets or throttle stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:42 pm

rat88 wrote:
I picked up a '94 trailboss last week for a parts bike . no motor or tranny, most electric parts are gone, no tank or throttle.
Good tires and plastics. Started hacking up the frame and put in a 17.5 hp briggs single and a peerless 797. Need to finish the mounts and waiting on $60 woth of chineses quad parts.
The chineese quad parts are dirt cheap and will replace a lot of honda parts. (not sure about the quality yet) might check them out if you are needing sprockets or throttle stuff.
im goin try my best to leave my stock throttle unless it pisses me off i got a video up on youtube yall check it out bad ass beast
Back to top Go down
Duranate
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie


Age : 44
Join date : 2011-06-06
Posts : 15
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Elk River, Mn

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:46 pm

you chew spittin redneck! lol. I love it man lol!

thats a pretty good start on that deal. any give on that suspension would be sweet and help out on bumps. i think the most force would be on the top of the chain when the motor is pulling so i think it should try to remain as straight as possible, then take up slack on the bottom side of the chain. keep us posted as you get things done.

I'd love to come up with some kind of rear " suspension" for my project.
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 pm

@Duranate wrote:
you chew spittin redneck! lol. I love it man lol!

thats a pretty good start on that deal. any give on that suspension would be sweet and help out on bumps. i think the most force would be on the top of the chain when the motor is pulling so i think it should try to remain as straight as possible, then take up slack on the bottom side of the chain. keep us posted as you get things done.

I'd love to come up with some kind of rear " suspension" for my project.

that was good ole grizzly an i took it for some what of a test drive my belt sliped so much but i wann run a 6 inch in front with a 2 in back or a 4 cause my gearbox is lowed gear so i want speed an torque as well
Back to top Go down
Duranate
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie


Age : 44
Join date : 2011-06-06
Posts : 15
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Elk River, Mn

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 am

@Fattypipemuarry wrote:
@Duranate wrote:
you chew spittin redneck! lol. I love it man lol!

thats a pretty good start on that deal. any give on that suspension would be sweet and help out on bumps. i think the most force would be on the top of the chain when the motor is pulling so i think it should try to remain as straight as possible, then take up slack on the bottom side of the chain. keep us posted as you get things done.

I'd love to come up with some kind of rear " suspension" for my project.

that was good ole grizzly an i took it for some what of a test drive my belt sliped so much but i wann run a 6 inch in front with a 2 in back or a 4 cause my gearbox is lowed gear so i want speed an torque as well

i love grizz too.

yea, i hear yea on that speed. would it be easier to put a bigger wheel on the gearbox? i dunno, just mite be easier, i dunno. that would take up some slack in the chain too. you have a good start, can you put an extra pully in someplace to take up extra belt length?

Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:13 am

@Duranate wrote:
@Fattypipemuarry wrote:
@Duranate wrote:
you chew spittin redneck! lol. I love it man lol!

thats a pretty good start on that deal. any give on that suspension would be sweet and help out on bumps. i think the most force would be on the top of the chain when the motor is pulling so i think it should try to remain as straight as possible, then take up slack on the bottom side of the chain. keep us posted as you get things done.

I'd love to come up with some kind of rear " suspension" for my project.

that was good ole grizzly an i took it for some what of a test drive my belt sliped so much but i wann run a 6 inch in front with a 2 in back or a 4 cause my gearbox is lowed gear so i want speed an torque as well

i love grizz too.

yea, i hear yea on that speed. would it be easier to put a bigger wheel on the gearbox? i dunno, just mite be easier, i dunno. that would take up some slack in the chain too. you have a good start, can you put an extra pully in someplace to take up extra belt length?





so damn dumbass welded that gear on an my chain is tight now
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Sponsor
Sponsor
avatar

Age : 23
Join date : 2010-05-12
Posts : 530
Forum Rep : 7
Location : PA pittsburgh and pymatuning

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:28 pm

how much speed are you looking for? depending on your back sprocket and how big your tires are, with 20 inch tires a 5 on the motor and a 5 on the gearbox can get you 20 if you sprockets arent that big. also your not gonna get that torque if your looking to go over 25. also one tip of advise is the gearbox has 6 mounting holes, use them the more suport you have on them the better ive broke the input shafts on them and have busted them in half then its a bitch to find them cause they arent that common
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

@redzz02 wrote:
how much speed are you looking for? depending on your back sprocket and how big your tires are, with 20 inch tires a 5 on the motor and a 5 on the gearbox can get you 20 if you sprockets arent that big. also your not gonna get that torque if your looking to go over 25. also one tip of advise is the gearbox has 6 mounting holes, use them the more suport you have on them the better ive broke the input shafts on them and have busted them in half then its a bitch to find them cause they arent that common


i got 22s on the back an its 4 mountin holes have you checked out my video on youtube
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: craftsman with a swing arm   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Is the sprocket welded on the tranny? you could always change ratio on the atv axle. it should have a slack adjuster too. Dont want to put too much lateral pull on that gearcase. you will rip the shaft right out of it. the swing arm will tighten up the chain when the spring compresses.
I am not real crazy about a 2" on the back. not enough surface area to grab good and the tight radius will break down the belt real quick
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-06-02
Posts : 62
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Russell County Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 pm

rat88 wrote:
Is the sprocket welded on the tranny? you could always change ratio on the atv axle. it should have a slack adjuster too. Dont want to put too much lateral pull on that gearcase. you will rip the shaft right out of it. the swing arm will tighten up the chain when the spring compresses.
I am not real crazy about a 2" on the back. not enough surface area to grab good and the tight radius will break down the belt real quick

yea it is welded up good an it aint got no adjuster but i like a 2 inch just need a really tight belt an some rhino line as for the chain it is just right should all go together good just like a belt on it now an a masterlink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: craftsman with a swing arm    

Back to top Go down
 
craftsman with a swing arm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Updates: craftsman with a swing arm thing i will call her baxter
» Craftsman mower
» 1989 Craftsman II
» tire swap on TORQUE (ford/craftsman)
» Craftsman Off road

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road/Rally Tractor Project & Builds-
Jump to: