All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Ghosts and lurkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

Forum Rep : 31

PostSubject: Ghosts and lurkers   Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:16 pm

I was board and looking at various parts of the site today and realized there are over 1280 members registered that have never posted, most are even more than a couple years old! affraid
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:03 pm

I wonder if there is a way to send those particular members an email and say "hey! post something you terd!"

Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 am

Probably so.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

Everybody wants to hang out with us cool guys, hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:04 am

I'll have to admit, I lurked since sometime in 2014, but I didn't make an account. I think the site looked different then? I finally joined and thought, what the heck, have fun! Even though I would be an older member of the group. cheers
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 14

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I think all forums are that. You get a lot of people who sign up thinking they will post a lot and then lose interest ect. For ones that have never posted at all, could be they sign up and then either forget they joined or just never had anything to post, then lost interest.
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:36 pm

I tend to agree. Especially those that signed up and never posted. Somewhat sad, those that did sign up and posted 1-10 times and vanished. There was probably good knowledge and cool builds that could have been enjoyed by all in the ATLTF. Then probably some looking for the holy grail of mud mower builds. And as with many forums, the facebook killer. That's what happened to a site a friend and I use to administer.
Back to top Go down
slim67
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am

I am one of those ghosts. I like seeing what you younger guys are doing with your tractors and the fun your having. I use my tractors for different reasons than you guys do but I dont know anyone around me thats into offroading tractors. I have been in situations where it would be the same but for different reasons. I just like tracors period, always have since I was a child. Im into Wheelhorses but I only have one I would run on the trails. I think you have a good forum but dont get a chance to relate to what you do.
Back to top Go down
mightyraze
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am

@slim67 wrote:
I am one of those ghosts. I like seeing what you younger guys are doing with your tractors and the fun your having. I use my tractors for different reasons than you guys do but I dont know anyone around me thats into offroading tractors. I have been in situations where it would be the same but for different reasons. I just like tracors period, always have since I was a child. Im into Wheelhorses but I only have one I would run on the trails. I think you have a good forum but dont get a chance to relate to what you do.

I know the feeling.  No one around me either.  All my friends are into computer stuff work and play.  I work with computer servers all day at work, the tractors that I have enjoyed all my live as well, gives me an outlet to the outside! I still enjoy it and my favorites are Sears Suburban!  I have trouble with relating sometimes too, I chalk it up to the age gap.  I still read them, offer encouragement and if something looks cool or interesting, that gives me an opportunity to plug in.  

Edit: and you have posted more than what you can count on one hand and do log on from time to time. My original was more pointed at those that created an account and ever logged in again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and lurkers   

Back to top Go down

Ghosts and lurkers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1