All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerVari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
prancstaman
Expert
Expert

Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Yup, a long one too.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran
Veteran
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 29

PostSubject: Re: Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 am

Glad to hear you got it fixed!

I hate fixing MTD's. Just so much to go wrong. I always liked the idler pulley engagement best out of all the decks I've seen.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 74

PostSubject: Re: Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 7:35 pm

@Murraymountain I have only had MTD's to use for cutting grass, and I've seen those decks with the idler pulley engagement and think they would be better also. The 50" deck will be set up like that when I get it going. Maybe the electric clutch would work on my MTD too from the GT 6000, that would be real nice, LOL.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

PostSubject: Collecting parts   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Hay People,
I'm stripping the GT 6000. Collecting the parts for this project and others. Pulled the motor, that thing is a heavy one. Threw it in my basement for storage till needed. It needs took apart, doesn't feel right when I spin it. Shouldn't be to hard since the previous owner had it apart but I don't know why or how far he did it. Took hood off for the hinges to put onto mine. Muffler is still solid enough to use too. And the snow plow attachment brackets for the 4x4 mower which looks like a quick release hookup. Pulled the entire wiring harness out to use for whatever, just threw everything in a ziplock bag to keep together. Bolts, nuts, washers are getting their own containers. I save them because that stuff adds up on projects, a good chunk of money is spent on hardware when I build all new, and that's a lot.

Pic of parts so far. I'll finish off the teardown tomorrow.
Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 20190836

That electric PTO clutch might not work for this project I'm afraid to say. Too bad, looks simple enough. Works like a AC compressor clutch on a car. Just too long of a setup.

That's it, later.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

PostSubject: Rest of the parts from the GT 6000   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:46 pm

Hay People,
Got the GT 6000 all apart. Snagged a couple more parts like brackets for the deck and the front end. All the steering was in good shape and will get stored and used later maybe.

Oh, working in the yard doing other stuff is when I found my gas container, LOL. Gave it the ole sniff test, yup! I set the empty container next to the gas container that still had gas in it. You can see how I mixed them up. Never fear, I wrote on the tops as you can see which is which. The evidence is there, LOL. I dumped diesel in the tank instead of gas, motor should be good to go when I fill it back up.
Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 20190837

Took a pic of what was left. Transaxle and front axle. That front axle looks cool as hell. Ill probably have to use the GT front axle brackets to mount the axle but if I can't get it to fit right or work right I will be using that front axle for something. Hell, I would build a whole other project around that axle just to use it, LOL. My baby banshee build I'm planning on doing (still gathering parts) is just screaming for it. I wouldn't even have to heat and beat the thing, just a set of dropped spindles would be good. We shall see.
Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 20190838
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle   Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vari drive with 5 speed transaxle
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7