All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 8/19/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

New Chat Service Now Available : Discord

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 pm

I recently decided that enough was enough with the forum offered chat service, and decided to create a Discord server that will be available to all members starting now.

What is Discord?

Discord is a text and voice chat program, sort of similar to Skype. It is primarily aimed at gamers, however its not gamer specific. The reasons I went with Discord are...

-FREE!
-Usable on browser, computer application, phone app
-Text and voice
-Mentioning system
-Pruning and censoring system
-Ability to easily add pictures
-Multiple chat rooms
-Private messaging
-Account security

...and many other reasons.

How do I get in?

At the moment, the chat is invite-only through a single use invitation. If you would like to join the chat, send me a PM for a link.

Will this be integrated onto the forum?

It will at some point. They offer a widget, and the hope is to effectively replace the current chat with Discord.

What are the rules?

The rules on the forum apply to the Discord, with one additional condition: Your Discord screen name must match your forum username.

I want to know more.

You can read up at https://www.discordapp.com

---

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or in a PM. This will effectively become a FAQ of sorts. So, send me a PM for an invite, and lets make chat great again!

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:14 pm

So you mean to say I can have ATLTF chatbox on my mobile device without the pain of actual ATLTF chatbox on a mobile device?

Dope.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am

But won't the vintage "feel" be gone without the old chat???

On a more serious note, you'll have to sign up through their website to use it? Then what's stopping random people from making any screen name and chatting in the atltf room? Not like that would change too much I guess but just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 pm

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
So you mean to say I can have ATLTF chatbox on my mobile device without the pain of actual ATLTF chatbox on a mobile device?

Dope.

Yup. And it actually works all the time.

@mr.modified wrote:
But won't the vintage "feel" be gone without the old chat???

On a more serious note, you'll have to sign up through their website to use it? Then what's stopping random people from making any screen name and chatting in the atltf room? Not like that would change too much I guess but just wondering.

The vintage chat is a pain. Hard to insert pictures, no spam filter, bad connections, no archive.

You can't just join, you need to be invited to it though a single use link. So I can screen all applicants. Plus, once you join I screen you again to make sure your username matches.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
Caddy_V3
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:51 pm

good thing is is already use discord for gaming. so im down for it.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Why not send out an email with the good news, and a link to the invite thingymadowoggityjigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Chat Service Now Available : Discord   

Back to top Go down

New Chat Service Now Available : Discord
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1