All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 8/19/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible   Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 am

As @mightyraze (and others I am sure) figured out the hard way a few weeks ago, the image hosting service Photobucket decided to take a ransomware approach to third party hosting of images hosted on their website. So now, in order to host an image from their site, you need to subscribe to a Premium account which will run you around $400 USD A YEAR.

To combat forums being overrun with dummy images, our host Forumotion activated an option to make it so the dummy image is just blank.

As such, any photos that were or have been hosted on Photobucket are no longer permitted to be embedded here on the forum.

For image hosting tips, see below in my signature for a link to a few other options, including our host managed service SERVIMG.

At the moment, there is no saying whether or not Photobucket will roll back on their decision, but until then this is a permanent decision.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible   Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:44 am

Pretty stupid. However, they do let you go on your account and download your photos back off there if you need to. So in theory, if one was extremely bored, they could get all their photos and then go back through their thread fixing all the missing pics. Maybe just the most important ones. I'm not too happy about it. I think most of the GTR 4 zero thread pics were saved on photobucket. Maybe a lot from the baja sears build too.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 48

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible   Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:54 am

Yeah, there are entire build threads on here that are basically just gone becasue there are no pictures. Sucks...
Back to top Go down
mightyraze

Forum Rep : 57

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible   Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 am

@mr.modified wrote:
Pretty stupid. However, they do let you go on your account and download your photos back off there if you need to. So in theory, if one was extremely bored, they could get all their photos and then go back through their thread fixing all the missing pics. Maybe just the most important ones. I'm not too happy about it. I think most of the GTR 4 zero thread pics were saved on photobucket. Maybe a lot from the baja sears build too.

That is what I did. I think I had like 366 images over there that I uploaded to servimg or my own page gallery.

OOoooooo Tagging!

Arrow 2016 Build-off Sasquatch II - I was 100% done but, then I decided to tweak some more.
Arrow Li'l Red mud mower
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible   

Back to top Go down

Photobucket Hosted Images Are No Longer Visible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1