All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Sears craftsman. The unknown mower

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 pm

On the main shaft the shift collars and the bevelled gear will be keyed to the shaft, but on the counter shaft the gears will be keyed. What exactly isnt working when you go to re-assemble it?
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
On the main shaft the shift collars and the bevelled gear will be keyed to the shaft, but on the counter shaft the gears will be keyed. What exactly isnt working when you go to re-assemble it?
I can't really tell what is not working. I think it is supposed to be in neutral but it doesn't even fit in the case at the moment. the six gears don't mesh properly together and the shift collars (part Cool aren't inside the gears. Nothing turns or moves right now, as it seems to be rusted together.
Should I take apart all of the shafts to get rid of the rust and see what is supposed to move and slip some grease in?
Also, are those springs just used as spacers since those gears have keys?
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 116

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 pm

I would take all the gears and collars and what not off and wire wheel the shafts down to bare metal, then grease it up before re-assembly. Take your time though, when you rush you lose pieces and forget where things go haha. also make sure the whole assembly is facing the right way when you try and put it back in the bottom case half. The bevel gear has to mesh with the pinion gear, if it is backwards it will not fit.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:28 am

thatch awesome, a solid axle chain drive tractor. WHY AINT THIS A STANDERD DRIVE SYSTEM? i always dreamed of doing somthing like that but i did not know were i cold shove my 206 were i wold not be in the way but still use same belt.
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 22

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Well this mower is all parted out by now, but yeah, the reason not all mowers have a solid axle is because you would need a diff to be able to turn well. I would put a go kart type set up on more mowers if we had a princess auto. I just cant find any sources online for axles, sprockets and especially pulleys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sears craftsman. The unknown mower   

Back to top Go down

Sears craftsman. The unknown mower
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2