All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!

Share | 

Craftsman GT 6000 Build

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Well, this is what stuff being frozen to the ground, and one too many reverse gear clutch dumps will get ya:

Yep, LOL. Whoops. Broke the mount.

So I cleaned everything up and welded it all a bit better. Then I figured the front mount bar could use some support underneath:

Just a couple pieces of flatstock:

Not the best overhead job, but oh well. Hahaha. Either way it should be stronger now for sure.

Added a couple braces up top too for the bumper, while I was in the bracing mood, haha.

Had to learn the hard way this time, but she's all fixed up now and ready for action! Maybe I should quit abusing it a little bit now. lol!

Let me know what ya think!
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Only using two of the mounting holes on the winch? Seems kinda unlike you, Allis. Lol
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 156

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 pm

I figured someone would mention that.. It actually only has two holes believe it or not, the previous strap winch of the same make did too. I'm not a huge fan of that particular design, but it doesn't seem to be a problem I guess.

Those flat headed bolts you see aren't mounting bolts, they just hold the planetary gear mechanism to the base of the winch.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 67

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Oh I see. I suppose it'll be ok for 1500lbs, in theory.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:56 pm

Broke through a new trail with the ol' GT on the weekend. Got a neat picture of it up on an old foundation:

Big long stretch of trees, she does a pretty good job folding small trees and stuff over to clear a path. Everything held up well, but I think a skidplate or two and a belt guard are in order, haha.

I saw the tie rod take a few hits, so I should probably get at least a front skidplate fabbed up pretty soon. Might be the next project if I get sick of the Build-Off tractor one day. lol!

Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Veteran
Veteran
mrshaft696

Forum Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Broke through a new trail with the ol' GT on the weekend. Got a neat picture of it up on an old foundation:

Big long stretch of trees, she does a pretty good job folding small trees and stuff over to clear a path. Everything held up well, but I think a skidplate or two and a belt guard are in order, haha.

I saw the tie rod take a few hits, so I should probably get at least a front skidplate fabbed up pretty soon. Might be the next project if I get sick of the Build-Off tractor one day. lol!

haha I do that quite a bit, let the tractor run over the little shrubs & pricker bushes to make the path, always afraid im gonna get something stuck in a belt or something....
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Yep, haha. This ol' girl is usually the trail maker. I worry about a belt getting thrown off too sometimes, hasn't happened yet though! Hahaha.

Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:09 am

Bought a nice mounting kit for a trailer axle a few days ago:

It's for a real small axle, so the U-bolts fit over the GT's front axle quite nicely!

The plan is to upgrade the leaf spring setup a little bit, I'm gonna have two clamps per leaf as opposed to the current setup.

Just has a rear clamp on either side and the bolts in the front. Hasn't failed yet, but I'd just trust it more with some better clampage, so it will instead have two clamps on both sides 90° to the way the current ones are mounted. I'll put grooves in the axles so the clamps lock in place.

Should be a nice upgrade.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT 6000 Build   

Back to top Go down

Craftsman GT 6000 Build
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22