All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Roper 633a - 105401X - 122419X High/Low Shift issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mightyraze

Forum Rep : 79

PostSubject: Roper 633a - 105401X - 122419X High/Low Shift issue   Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm

AllisKidD21 wrote:
Well I took the shifter assembly out of the trans today because I'm fairly certain this is an internal problem.

I actually got it to go in low range, but I had to finesse the input gear for the ranges with a screw driver. What I've figured out is the input gear for low range is sliding on the splined shaft, so when the sliding gear for low range moves over it pushes the input gear out of the way.

I managed to get some pics through the shifter hole.

In the second picture you can see once it goes in high range the little input gear slide over out of the way, meaning the low range sliding gear can't mesh with it. So I'm quite glad nothing's stripped but what could've caused this? Am I gonna have to open it up and put a spacer on the shaft? Any advice is appreciated

AllisKidD21 wrote:
AHA I feexed it! It turns out theres like a really strong C-clip thing that snaps on the splines on the shaft.

You can barely see the tip of it in this picture

As you can see is way over to the side which is why the low range gear was sliding back and forth. All I had to do was use a prybar and a mallet to tap it back up against the low range gear, it was kinda hard to move it cuz it's pretty strong, but it works now! It goes into low range no problem! I'm glad it was nothing major and now I can put 'er all back together and see if I can get this thing running and driving. Stay tuned!

Roper 633a - 105401X - 122419X High/Low Shift issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1