All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tire recomendations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddy_V3
Caddy_V3

tire - Tire recomendations Empty
PostSubject: Tire recomendations   tire - Tire recomendations Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2017, 9:04 pm

So i have my drive train almost set and just need a new front pulley. I am asking what you guys recommend for tires.
I currently got 20x10-8 in the rear with chains. and 15x6 in the front.

Idealy im looking for fair price options and could go up a inch or two in the rear because my chains are a bit big.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tire recomendations   tire - Tire recomendations Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2017, 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Tire recomendations   tire - Tire recomendations Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2017, 9:45 pm

I like cheap knobby tires. The small lugs ride really well compared to a v-tread or similar with long lugs that don't flex. Just get the cheapest 2 ply knobbies you can find in 22 inches tall and run them at a lower pressure. Should ride really well and go through most terrains you would encounter with a go anywhere rig. For the front, see if you can pick up some 8 inch front rims from a lighter duty garden tractor that has 5/8 inch spindles. They should slide right on. Mine came from a Sabre (made by John Deere), and my knobbies I got off Walmart.com shipped to my local Walmart and installed for 40 bucks each total.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire recomendations   tire - Tire recomendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire recomendations
Page 1 of 1