All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My first Redneck Mower Build

Go down 
+2
AllisKidD21
RockeyDA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
biggasmowers
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2018, 8:10 pm

Meh . The oppys handle water fine. I've submerged a few lol . Never had any issues once I dried out the cylinders and spark plugs and cleaned the carb some.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2018, 5:05 am

i can tell you if one of the mud holes was 1" deeper i would have been screwed, no wench, and my friends truck cant make it out that far, and dont know any one with an ATV. i would of had to try and drag the thing out the mud hole my self, witch would of taken all day. so im glad i could test fate and win!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2018, 1:05 pm

You are braver than I.  Smile

My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Sig214My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Sig314
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2018, 3:04 pm

so i think soon dinky needs its own page, im scrapping the build this page was made for, that thing is going to need to much work and i would rather just pull good parts from it.
so far it has donated a motor, carb, and shifter to dinky, soon to be transaxle, battery mount, and rear gas tank. i also used the idler pully on my friends motor bike.

Dinky's drive system as of now (excluding the belt guides i added last weekend)
My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 IMG_0111

dinky running with turf savors so i dont get yelled at for putting ruts in the truck stop, and so i can spin my tiers without poping a wheely

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2018, 6:56 pm

Did the battery leak anything out when the tractor was tilted back like that?
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2018, 5:39 am

nope, its seald, no ware to leak, no ware to fill. cheepo everstart battery.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2018, 6:41 am

Dew to the time, effort, and resources it wold take i have scrapped it for a less ambishis build but one that has proven more reliable. The Redneck Mower gives its life, to make Dinky stronger
https://www.atltf.com/t5787-dinky-crafstman-917-254650

dinky currently has its transmission, fenders, gas tank, battery tray, shifter and motor. down the road im steeling front axle because it has grease fittings unlike dinky.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2018, 5:01 pm

alright, i have decided im resurrecting this project agin. once i got the ford driving reliably im going to try and bring this back to life. i want it to be a rally/drift build, something high speed, wont roll, but still has enough guts to get threw the trail rides and some snow.

first step on bring this back to life will be finding linkage material for the cluch, then replacing the idlers i stoll off this and redoing the cluch setup just like Dinky's

i was thinking of a 10" to 4" pully ratio. and i have these 14" rims that looks like they came off a muscle car that i think i want to get hubs for and use as rear tiers.

questing if i want to do suspension or not. i want it to be kinda low and suspension will hurt that as it will still need travle, but if i did suspension on here it wold help be learn whats going to go wrong when i do the Ford Wheelers.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2018, 9:30 pm

I would scale down a front suspension system from an old hot rod.  You're not looking for crazy travel or articulation.  I think you want something that will be stable at high speeds and corner well.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2019, 7:49 pm

well im brain storming here. this thing might come back and come back as a mudder. like dinky but with a 2300
My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 940bnPl

the real challenge will be getting a horizontal trans to work on a vertical motor.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Established Member
RockeyDA
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2019, 9:49 am

i just wanted yall to know, me putting this 2300 on here is me admitting i cant make the drive setup i want to exist with my budget and scrap pile.

some day i want to do this. but i cant even find enough angle iron to make a frame. honestly almost everything i need for this is at TSC but would take alot of money.
My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 EHTDxIL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Redneck Mower Build   My first Redneck Mower Build - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Redneck Mower Build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2