All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 12/16/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
Voting for the 2017 Build-Off has ended! Click Here to view results!
The prize list has been finalized! Check out what's up for grabs by clicking here!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K361kohler
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Well here is a long story. This is the story of my ATLTF build off tractor that got built,but I forgot to actually enter it. So it all started with a frame,the frame was a homemade frame that was made to represent a wheel horse frame. The frame was lengthen and widened to make it fit a kohler command v twin. When the tractor first got built with the 25s on the rear,it was put together in a day and a half. I ran it for a while like that,and it was an awesome mud tractor then,almost unstoppable,i said ALMOST. But that is not what I wanted,i wanted a tractor that would be unstoppable,for the most part. That is what it is now. I have not got it stuck with the new set up. It has been to 5 mud bogs. Here is some details on it.

29.5x10-12 Interco Snipers rear
25x8-12 Kenda Executioner front
22 HP Kohler command
4 speed wheel Horse Transmission
4'' double belt pulley front and rear
2 85" belts,with two belts there is no slippage
2 clutch springs
Lifted 4" in the rear
cub cadet fenders cut and chopped to fit
pan seat
stacks with rain caps
ungoverned hand throttle
there is so much more and a lot of hard work in this tractor.

This winter it will be getting direct steering,locked transmission and some motor work done.
I will post pics of the build progress below

d
Just getting started

Maybe??????

got a 22 HP kohler

Got it done for the first time.

Time to go bigger.

And even bigger with 29.5 snipers!!!!

And it is BIG!!! just think the fronts are 25s.

It is done!!!! Time to test it.

Yup. The tires hook.

She was Running good,WAS.

Then the front spindles decided to be done.

New front axle and spindles,and reworked the steering.

Old front axle was wore out pretty bad.

New front axle done and tested it out,was only tractor out of about 15 that did not get stuck.

Is it stuck? NOPE!!!! She made it,check out the video on M&G Motorsports on facebook and give us a like!
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Admin note:
Due to the odd circumstances of this entry, it was examined at great length to determine contest eligibility. After much deliberation and conversation with the member, we decided to allow retroactive entry. It will still be qualified for completion/judging under the same criteria as always. All requirements for completion must be met (have not, currently) before this build is deemed "votable". The short version of the requirement is a recent video walkaround, showing all systems to be in functional compliance, and demonstrated. Further detail can be found in the contest rules post. Thank you.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:32 pm

I have unlocked your thread and moved it to the [ Off Road ] section, feel free to keep updating it.

PostSubject: Re: Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

Mud Buggy 2,Biggest Wheel Horse Mud Tractor Yet [2017 Build-Off Entry]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1