All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!

Share | 

1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
RockeyDA
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm

IM SO JELLY, i want somthing that can mensure speed so bad, i really need to see if there are cheep GPS's on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Crazy_Carl

Forum Rep : 125

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 pm

That's plenty quick.  Nice
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Master
Master
muckmudd

Forum Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 am

There's apps for your phone I think.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Skilled
Skilled
RockeyDA

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:13 am

@muckmudd wrote:
There's apps for your phone I think.
only "app" my phone has is dile tone, happens when i take it off the hook.
Back to top Go down
RockeyDA
Skilled
Skilled
RockeyDA

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 pm

your weed eater feels neglected.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Double W Cross Ranch

Forum Rep : 42

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

She's got turfs on her, the deck on her, stock pulley ratio, governor returned to stock, and she's sitting.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
RockeyDA
Skilled
Skilled
RockeyDA

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am

huh, yeah if i have a blade deck on somthing im the type to use it till the deck rotts out
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Double W Cross Ranch

Forum Rep : 42

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Alright so long time no post in this thread. I'm needing a second mower that's reliable enough for someone else to drive and mow with, so here goes.

Plans:
Tires (knobbies or ags probably)
Need new rear end
Maybe modify the deck a bit
New hood
Rewire
Small light bar maybe
Horn

First, the front tires were leaking really bad so I put these on, probably temporary. I'd like to put knobbies all round. These do have bearings. They're 13"s, just had them laying aroud.

Swapped the hood over to the roper hood. I am going to paint the fenders black and maybe a Virginia battle flag on the hood, would look kinda neat, LOL.

And here is why I need a new rear end.

Yep, that is what tires that like, actually have traction will do to one of these wimpy LT trannys. It also only stays in 5th gear, all the other gears including reverse you have to hold the shifter in place very firmly. I've got a few ideas on where I'm getting a trans from, I'd like an 820 because those aren't too bad, but I'm probably going to end up with another MST or 900 series.

I may also move all the transmission mounts forward because please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the trans looks way too far back.

Anyway, simple build. There are some problems that it has, gonna go ahead and list them.

Belt comes off (probably because there's only one front trans mount)
Won't stay in gear
Engine runs rough at wide open throttle, but someone (not me) stripped out the screws on the carb bowl so I can't clean it

Fix will just be don't run it at wide open throttle, probably not good for it anyway, LOL
Key switch or starter solenoid are bad. I think it's the key switch. Either way I have the stuff for a FF style rewire so I'm just going to do that.

Lemme know what you think about this, I may also do a small pulley swap. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:33 pm

I agree it's too far back.

I like the old hood for some reason. Never was much for putting different hoods on mowers. Who knows I'll probably end up eating my own words some day. Anyways it's your build so you get to do it how you want, right? lol.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 306

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm

@Double W Cross Ranch wrote:

Engine runs rough at wide open throttle, but someone (not me) stripped out the screws on the carb bowl so I can't clean it

Man, those are a lot of issues!

@Murraymountain wrote:
I agree it's too far back.

I like the old hood for some reason. Never was much for putting different hoods on mowers. Who knows I'll probably end up eating my own words some day. Anyways it's your build so you get to do it how you want, right? lol.

I dunno, I am a fan of hood swaps.

Li'l Red Murray
Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com Online
Murraymountain
Apprentice
Apprentice
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Yeah I saw that when I looked at Lil' Red's thread. Although Red does look pretty mean with that hood so. Like I said, I'll probably end up eating my words.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 pm

I thought the Roper hood was going on the other tractor?

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"   

Back to top Go down

1999 WeedEater Mowing Mower Build "Sodzilla"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5