All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 am

Well,  we can't afford no $50 grand kabota, so when the plow showed up fo $20, couldn't pass it up. Gonna use it to make some smooth trails and a food plot for hunting season.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Pictures of the plow:

The Avery Plow Company was founded in 1891, and went out of business in 1928.  The plows are highly valued ( ) but I don't know how much this is worth.  It is pretty rusty, but the rust didn't penetrate, so it seems fine.  Coat of Rustoleum and it'll be good as new!  Wink
Tidied up the sleeve hitch plate some: 

Been doing some thinking....

Man I have got to clean up the shop.
Oh, and here is the ripper I'm gonna be pulling with it:

IDK if it's made by Avery, but it and the sleeve hitch look like the same build as the plow that is labeled.  Which means it probably is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 94

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm

That doesn't really look like a plow bottom, it looks more like a tooth off a field culitivator. Could still work good though, but it won't actually turn over a forrow like a moldboard plow would. I like the old Roper hood on there! How well does it fit everything?

Tourque it 'til it breaks, then back it off a quarter turn!

Stuff I've Welded Together
        - M.T.D. Off-Road Build  

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build  
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Well, that's okay, wasn't gonna use it for turning.  Thought about it for plowing a small ditch or something, maybe for drainage, or if we are burying some pipe, that'd probably work.  The hood fits everything great, it's probably gonna go on.  The hood doesn't work like a regular Craftsman, Husqvarna, JD, MTD, etc. hood, it has these little brackets that bolt on to the frame, then the other end bolts onto the grille and the top piece has a hitch pin sorta set up that pivots on the hood.  Need to bolt the brackets on, then it'll go on.  Need to paint the fenders after that, then it'll look just like the original.

Glad I can do that, was really bummed when I couldn't use the Roper for anything.
Then I need a brush guard...kinda putting that off.
Man, I better get back to work on Nellybelle before I get disqualified for no updates.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm

All you need is bigger tires and a 5" rear pulley, and on a Craftsman style setup, they haul and they are fun too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"   

Back to top Go down

1999 WeedEater Ranch Workhorse Build, "Sodzilla"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2