All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 am

A. Rip it down to frame and paint.
B. Hood mods including cowl, head light, at internal cage.
C. Engine Has new head gasket and cheap carb from After Winch and hood are installed a snorkel will be made into the cowl.
D. Zinc locker the rear trans and upgraded frame bracing.
E. New brake upgrade idea?
F. Front suspension?

And what ever other ideas I have along the way.  

-Approved by Doug, 2/5/2018
Back to top Go down
http://www.Mudmower.com
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Debating the old on the left and the new on the right. What's your 2 cents what would you run?

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 pm

The tread depth look almost the same. I bet with tire black or armor all the old tire would look new.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 34

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:26 pm

The right looks like it will dig in better and a better clean out.
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 52

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm

So the bearclaws are off of the maine mud mower? What is the tread depth on them? I have not found anything on the tire websites that say the tread depth on the kendas.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 161

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm

The older one appears wider, and has more places to have things get wedged. Other than that, I would think they would perform the same. So, that would come down to your personal preference. Very Happy

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Murray CCT (KAL prebuild)
Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 pm

@biggasmowers wrote:
So the bearclaws are off of the maine mud mower? What is the tread depth on them? I have not found anything on the tire websites that say the tread depth on the kendas.

Depends on the ply. Theyre somewhere between 1/2" and 3/4" on the lower ply tires, closer to 1" on the higher ply tires.

Honestly the treads are so similar, and being a steer tire, I dont think it would really matter.

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

2018 Build Off Entry Commissionaire - Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 pm

@mightyraze wrote:
The older one appears wider, and has more places to have things get wedged.  Other than that, I would think they would perform the same.  So, that would come down to your personal preference.  Very Happy

Your not far off my own personal take on it. The older one has more defined cuts for mud to clear out of. But the point made on my FB page by a follower was that Kendra on the rear should have them on the front. Will see in the end I plan to upgrade both pairs to bearings.
Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm

@Doug wrote:
@biggasmowers wrote:

Depends on the ply. Theyre somewhere between 1/2" and 3/4" on the lower ply tires, closer to 1" on the higher ply tires.

Honestly the treads are so similar, and being a steer tire, I dont think it would really matter.

Doug is right mine are the 6 ply with the deepest lugs made you can still buy them from the same place i got mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00317DNVC

Edit: The key is to look for "Built-in rim guard protects" this type has the most extreme lug
Back to top Go down
Offroad MudMowers
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 pm

The right tire looks better in my opinion because it is a tad bit Skinner and has move V's to help cut into the ground and grab. With more V's it will place all the front end weight at the end of the V and give it lots of grip. And where did you purchase that control panel? That thing is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 pm

@Offroad MudMowers wrote:
The right tire looks better in my opinion because it is a tad bit Skinner and has move V's to help cut into the ground and grab. With more V's it will place all the front end weight at the end of the V and give it lots of grip. And where did you purchase that control panel? That thing is gorgeous!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D4SRKY8
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 113

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm

"For racing use only" Haha, you better watch out!! Can't wait to see your suspension setup!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road/Workhorse Build
        -John Deere 110 Basic Project
Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

I still prefer itp mud lites, they are a few bucks cheaper and have right at 3/4" tread with a very aggressive pattern, i would be interested in getting a pair just to test them against the itp's though.
Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Got it all the way to frame tonight but forgot to take a last pic before closing down the shop.

Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

Back to top Go down
Dave 007
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 am

Good luck and best wishes, very happy to see your entry. cheers.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 am

Good Luck, it seems like you got the pimped parts ready to go, nice switch panel and LED's.

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:16 am

Keeping the frame as is, or any plans to beef or strengthen it up?  I know you use your rig for more than play!

Li'l Red Murray

Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm

@Thunderdivine wrote:
Good Luck, it seems like you got the pimped parts ready to go, nice switch panel and LED's.

Well I thought i did tell today when i had to place an order for a 2nd gen steering box and 8 heim joint and 2 go kart ball joints. And have yet to make the metal order for the rest of the build.
Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 pm

@mightyraze wrote:
Keeping the frame as is, or any plans to beef or strengthen it up?  I know you use your rig for more than play!

Yes there will be a video dedicated to just frame reinforcement along with a book of pics for both here and to update mudmower.com. Between MMM and the 18hp 5 speed Go kart build I have found a few places that will get cross members.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 47

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see what you come up with for brakes.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 pm

@Maine Mud Mower wrote:

Yes there will be a video dedicated to just frame reinforcement along with a book of pics for both here and to update mudmower.com. Between MMM and the 18hp 5 speed Go kart build I have found a few places that will get cross members.  

Excellent. With MMM, I am sure you have learned a lot. I will definitely be looking for your updates. Keep up the good work Neil.

Li'l Red Murray

Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Signing up to be the guinea pig on if it is possible to swap 2nd gen steering into a first gen steering frame. Have never seen a good video on it or a write up. If there is one some one post it up so I can give someone a shout out.

Back to top Go down
biggasmowers
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

I had a LT1000 with the same steering box, worked pretty well but once it wore a bit it had some slop in the gear drive and steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 47

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm

About time somebody did a proper write up on that. I've been told about it so much, never actually seen it happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

Maine Mud Mower "Mud Wizard" [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next