All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Carl
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 am

That frame will definitely be strong enough. I love those F style clamps. I have a couple of mini 4" and big 12" ones at work and at home. I use them all the time. They make a handy press or spreader in a pinch too.
Back to top Go down
muddstir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm

@Crazy_Carl wrote:
That frame will definitely be strong enough.  I love those F style clamps.  I have a couple of mini 4" and  big 12" ones at work and at home.  I use them all the time.  They make a handy press or spreader in a pinch too.

I do feel like the frame is a little on the overkill side. One of my goals with this build was to make it as light as possiable but solid and strong. When i went to buy that 1in x 3in rect tube i was wanting 14ga wall thickness, but they weren't carring it anymore so i went with 1/8in instead. Now thinking back should've got 1in x 2in x 1/8.
There is going to be another section of frame under that main part and that will consist of 1in x 1in sq tube with 1/8 wall too. So after all of the bracing and mount bars/tabs are installed, i'll be going through and trying to lighten anything i can.

I've learned my lesson on clamps, buy some good ones. They dont need to be the top of the line expensive ones but the bottom of the barrel ones just dont last that long or preform well. Then a good selection of lenghts and styles helps out alot to.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 125

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:07 am

That frame is looking sweet.  Going to be very sturdy.  Excellent example of a custom frame.

1982 Murray GT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-39002 . . . [2018 Entry]
Progress:   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           0              |              50             |             100

Sasquatch II . [2017 Finalist]
Li'l Red Murray

Arrow How To Upload Pictures
Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
MatthewD
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 15

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 am

The frame is looking good! Can't wait to see the build progress Smile
Back to top Go down
muddstir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 am

Thanks guys.
The frame still has a long way to go till its done, got to get other parts done on here to get measurements and figure out part's placement to finish it up.  

Most of my parts came in this week now im hoping to get one of my half started setups done so i can post it and get this build up to date

24 bronze bushings
3 different od. of dom tube
Rod ends
Metric bolts
SS shim washers
Ill go more indept on parts when i use them on build

Not sure why pics are starting to get burry may be time for a new phone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]   

Back to top Go down

Muddstir's P.O.S [2018 Build-Off Entry]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2